Polaroids (where to find them)

hozz1235

Let's start an official thread to track where we've found them.  Please post the zone and the actual location as a spoiler tag.  BTW, has anyone found one in PV yet?  I swear I've searched the whole zone and haven't found it.

Milton - Paradise Meadows Farm - found one in a backpack on the hill, backside of the cabin.

Mystery Lake - 
1) Lake Overlook
2) In the cut towards the western edge of the map past the clear cut, dead body had it
3) Destroyed lookout

Coastal Highway - Quonset Garage

Timberwolf Mountain - 
1) East (right) of MT hut, North of the cave in the SE corner of the map, up on the hill South of the Wing
2) One on Echo Peak East

Forlorn Muskeg - 
1) One in a box next to a corpse in the little dilapidated wood shed on the island near Old Spence
2) In a backpack and a metal container right next to one another in the little cavelet on Marsh Ridge where you can find a campfire and sometimes a bedroll

Edited by hozz1235

9 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Let's start an official thread to track where we've found them.  Please post the zone and the actual location as a spoiler tag.  BTW, has anyone found one in PV yet?  I swear I've searched the whole zone and haven't found it.

PV:

Burned Ridge Cave,under a backpack. 

Aircraft Wreckage,near cockpit. 

Broken House,beside the Abandone Cahe.

I can't found any photos in CH/DP/BR,except in Quonset and Riken. 

This is weird. 

Edited by dissonance

On 5/22/2020 at 10:46 PM, hozz1235 said:

BTW, has anyone found one in PV yet?

Same here, I've been wandering around for several days and have found nothing.  No polaroid at the burned ridge cave, front of the jet, or by the abandoned cache.  Interestingly though the overhead storage compartments in the jet had reset, and were full of stuff again.  And also there's an invisible house on Skeeter's Ridge.  There's a little bit of visible debris where it used to be, but there's an invisible force field preventing you from getting too close.

1 hour ago, Ice Hole said:

So far on my BatteryGangFive Challenge I have found three. 

Wait wait...did you find two in Forlorn Muskeg?

Edit: I am now convinced that is indeed what you meant...I just found two on Timberwolf Mountain,

both in the forest cave at the southeast corner.  One in a briefcase, one in a backpack, right next to each other.

Guess I'll have to go back and re-search ML, FM, and half of HRV.  I thought only one spawned per region.  This changes things.

Edited by ajb1978
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 7:24 PM, hozz1235 said:

I've checked all the locations listed there for Forlorn Muskeg but only found the one at the High Blind. I've probably checked 2/3 the map locations by now with the hope that it might've been placed elsewhere but no luck. Has anyone found any locations for the polaroid in addition to the ones in the wiki?

Edited by ToAsT

• 10 months later...

Forlorn Muskeg - There is sometimes a container just above the old spence family homestead, also dont forget to check the open bear cave with the obligatory bones neat the train and entrance to broken railroad, I usually find it by leaving the spence stead walking up to the wave tower and across towards the train, then walk off the path and over the mountain top gradually onto the ice then skirt back and forth until I see it! hope this helps.