Gun Wish List

TheLostRanger

If we're talking about the end of everything then a blackpowder rifle/revolver would be the longest-lasting with the ability to cast bullets and no need for magazines or casings. That and black powder is significantly easier to make than modern smokeless powder.

I'd be packing a good ole Winchester 30-30 for my long gun and a Ruger BlackHawk chambered in .357 as my sidearm. 

The versatility of having a lever action could come in really handy in the event you needed to shoot quickly at multiple targets or just many times in succession as the need dictates and the stopping power of .357 is good for anything that may be too close for comfort or that goes bump in the night!

@odizzido, thank for that video!  It was very informative and I was surprised when the narrator pulled out an old Winchester, the gun that won the west, to compare it the Steyr Scout.  That rifle is awesome on so many levels that I'd like to get one for my personal collection!

Two of my personal guns would do just fine:

1)30-06 with a 3x9 scope bolt action for my long gun.  Reach out and touch some thing from a distance.

2)Colt Dragoon .44 caliber revolver with 3” barrel.  Stopping power and accuracy mixed together.  I’m very accurate at 50 yards with a 3” grouping.  

long term I would also want my recurve bow with a 65lb draw.  Arrows can be made, and it’s accurate to 100 yards no sweat.