Moose spawn locatios

Pufuletul_19

@Pufuletul_19

Also:

On 2/9/2020 at 1:18 AM, ManicManiac said:

I don't claim to know definitively... but the following is what I've personally observed (or what has been posted by Hinterland) about the moose behavior:

There are various possible moose spawning points.  At the beginning of a survival sandbox, spawn points are pseudo-randomly selected from amongst the pool of possible spawn points.  Only one moose will spawn at a time, and that one moose will "migrate" between all the spawn points that were selected at the beginning of the run.  The longest I've seen the moose stay in one location has been 4 game days.  By this I mean, that the moose will change locations at some interval between 1 and 4 game days - though this duration may have changed in more recent updates, and it's also possible that a longer stay in one location may in truth result from the same location being selected for consecutive intervals.  Once successfully hunted, then the population respawn interval for the moose (at the selected difficulty) must pass before the migration process will begin again.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
So while it's possible that a moose spawn point where it was described it's also equally possible that there's not.  I suggest just looking for trees with scraped off bark while you explore the region.  You may have a few possible spawn points in the region your in... but the only way to know for sure is to go scouting around.

Edited by ManicManiac

In Mystery Lake there are three potential moose spawns: near the Dam train bridge, near the cabin north of the unnamed pond, and near Trappers.  

HOWEVER!!!

there is another option for acquiring your moose bag much more quickly.  You won’t even have to craft it!  In Hushed River Valley there is a location known as “Mysterious Signal Fire.”  This can spawn in a couple locations but the southern one is most likely.  You’ll need to climb a very long rope to get there, then take a left.  If the fire is there, it will be burning.  And there will be some high quality loot that seems to always include a fully made Moosehide Bag!  

otherwise, killing a moose (hard) and then waiting for the hide to cure (12 days?) and then making the bag is all going to cost you at minimum 15 days.  

• Upvote 1