Had an arrow disappear on me...

ajb1978

So ever since Bleak Inlet I've been exclusively a rifleman, but decided to bust out my bow and arrow.  I shot a deer outside Paradise Meadows, it was a clean kill, but I saw the broken arrow drop to the ground.  The deer collapsed right on top of it.  No biggie, I figure, I'll just harvest everything, area transition, then go pick up my arrow.  So I do just that, even marking the exact spot where the deer had fallen by creating a "crosshairs" out of dropped and RMB'd venison steaks.

I dropped the rest of the meat on the porch, dropped the gut and hide indoors, went back to my kill...and the arrow was simply gone.  I spent a bit nosing around in the snow wondering maybe if it had just dropped below the terrain a bit, but nope...well and truly gone.

Not terribly concerned over the loss because this is my "Destroy Everything" save so I'm swimming in scrap metal, but just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences lately.

Yup. Twice. Once I was in my inventory and had selected arrowhead. I dont know why, but I clicked drop. Now the arrowhead is nowhere to be found. It was in a cave with slight slope. Even bedroll is clipping on some places. I spent good time searching.

Second was missing rifle cartridge. Standing in the gatehouse of Hibernia Processing. Right in front of opened door. Took two shots at Mr. Manly Hugs. Found only one cartridge. Second one is nowhere to be found. Since the cartridge is non renewable I spent good time searching. Meanwhile mister changed his name to Mr. Stiff.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally lost one also, Mystery lake camp office, up by the tracks. Same as above, deer did a funky roll right on top of it . gutted, marked, went inside, voila nothing. Tried building a fire and breaking down fire. no luck. Sometimes when I click on the snow I get a weird mose error sound, like that one that sounds like banging on an empty pot. But nothing.

This is not the first time, just the first time I have been so thorough looking for it.

Guest kristaok

When my kills land on the arrows I just count em as gone. :/ Also I've seen an arrow of mine just yesterday roll a bit from the wind, thankfully I was able to get that one. 

11 minutes ago, kristaok said:

When my kills land on the arrows I just count em as gone. :/ Also I've seen an arrow of mine just yesterday roll a bit from the wind, thankfully I was able to get that one. 

I haven't lost an arrow in this way in...ever...as near as I can recall.  I've had arrows stick in deer that end up wrong-side down in the snow, and those arrows I write off as a loss sure. But arrows that hit, kill, drop to the snow, and get landed on by the deer they just killed...that's a new one!  Poop.

I don’t know when it started (I thought I read it in a release note but I can’t find it now) but the game sometimes silently auto-collects arrows when you harvest a carcass. 

I first noticed this when I thought I’d lost some arrows but then had more than I expected at the end of the day. I’ve since verified it twice by counting arrows in my inventory before and after harvesting.