Carcasses disappearing into snowbanks

Dr. S.

Since the update, it seems like carcasses are a lot more prone to disappear into the snow if the animal dies on a slope. I just had it happen to me twice in five minutes. I've attached a screenshot showing an antler sticking out and my footprints from my failed attempts to locate the carcass.

This isn't the first time, more like the third or fourth since the latest updates. Anyone else feel like they're seeing this?

UPDATE: I went back to my base, slept one hour to trigger a save, quit and reloaded, and now both carcasses are visible.

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 12.59.11 PM.png

Edited by Dr. S.
New info.
  • Upvote 1

Guest kristaok

This happened to me a few days ago. A wolf chased a deer, I killed the wolf after he killed the deer. Well I couldn't even harvest the deer because he was inside the snow bank. :/ 

In Coastal Highway, I watched as a wolf chase and kill a deer. The carcass fell into the snow and disappeared. Since this was Pilgrim, the wolf fled on my approach but there was no sign of the deer at all.  This was the most recent time it happened. I think it happened one other time (since the Crossroad Elegy update) in Pleasant Valley.

I didn't, but next time it happens, I'll take care to get a screenshot and report it.