Fix the moving inventory please

Deseoso

When I cook up meat I eat one piece at a time and then move on to the next one. Or at least that is what I would like to do. What I find with this game is that I see a bunch of cooked meat in my inventory. Each piece is 1.00kg except for one piece that I already started eating earlier. So I double click on that piece so as to finish that first only the game likes to swap that piece with one of the 1kg pieces just as I hit the second mouse click.

What does it really matter? Technically it doesn't really matter. The reason I find it annoying is that for every piece of meat I finish there is one thing less in my inventory cluttering it up making it faster to find anything else I need. I find it annoying when my inventory is cluttered by lots of partially eaten pieces of meat.

Just click the piece you want to eat once, it will be shown on the right hand side, and then click the [Eat] button at the bottom. Same 2 clicks, and the large image will help to make u sure you don't accidentally eat raw meat by double-clicking the wrong thing. In Inventory raw and cooked can look really similar at times.

• Like 1

Best sorting mode IMO is condition from highest to lowest. Alphabetical feels way too arbitrary to me but is good to see groups of the same type of object. Weight is only useful for finding what the heck is weighing you down and discovering that you were carrying 10 liters of water lol. 

1 minute ago, MarrowStone said:

Best sorting mode IMO is condition from highest to lowest. Alphabetical feels way too arbitrary to me but is good to see groups of the same type of object. Weight is only useful for finding what the heck is weighing you down and discovering that you were carrying 10 liters of water lol. 

Lol! I do lowest to highest, so the low condition stuff is at the top, and I can eat it (risk it) first, or dump it out of my inventory quickly to avoid the risk of food poisoning. But I agree, sorting by condition feels best for me, as well. But... to each their own. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarrowStone said:

@ThePancakeLady, While quicker to see the low condition items, I find I don't drop items too far if I select the "highest condition" thing to drop first. Also i have a weird compulsion to keep 100% things be on top. It's really just my preference even though it makes me scroll down more. :P

Lol! Fair enough. As I said... to each their own. It's all good. Though, trying something new is sometimes a good way to find something that works even better for you. (Which is how I ended up with low condition on top instead of high condition.) :) 

• Like 1

Hmm, as OP describes it... I've never had this happen.  I've seen the inventory shuffle a bit if I have it set to sort by weight... then things can shuffle around while you eat or drop one of a thing from a stack (because the weights are now different so it re-sorts).  Specifically the scenario OP describes seems more like it's on the player end and not so much a game issue.

@ThePancakeLady gives great guidance on the simplest way to eat food, and avoid whatever OP is experiencing (since again, apart from sorting by weight... I've never seen the inventory behave that way).

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac