What's wrong with this picture? Part II

piddy3825

5 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Yup, could be the bulbs (although would be odd for them all to be bad) or the wiring is shot.

yeah, not all the bulbs, right?  as to the wiring?  electrical induction would theoretically still charge what was left of the wiring harness and should power whatever bulbs were remaining.  At least that's the theory...

It could also be very early or very late into the aurora cycle.  There's a brief period of time before and after the aurora where the flashlight works, but everything else is off.  This is because "Aurora" is a weather type, and the weather types don't turn on and off like switches, there's a ramp-down period for the current weather type that coincides with a ramp-up period for the next cycle.  I've even had one aurora end, only for another to immediately start resulting in a more protracted period where all of the lights are off except for the flashlight, although that's pretty rare.

5 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

It could also be very early or very late into the aurora cycle.  There's a brief period of time before and after the aurora where the flashlight works, but everything else is off.  This is because "Aurora" is a weather type, and the weather types don't turn on and off like switches, there's a ramp-down period for the current weather type that coincides with a ramp-up period for the next cycle.  I've even had one aurora end, only for another to immediately start resulting in a more protracted period where all of the lights are off except for the flashlight, although that's pretty rare.

interesting theory, however, I took that shot almost immediately after having taken the shot of the car by the orca station without the battery in it in my previous "Whats wrong with the picture" post.  so in that case I would have to eliminate your scenario as a possibility.  I suspect it was merely an oversight during development. eh?