animation for falling through weak ice?

cranny

I've been playing on stalker mode for a while now, and just now i decided to try interloper. I spawned in the middle of the ice in desolation point only to conclude that this situation was far to stressful and daunting, so i chickened out and ran into the ocean, because i realised that i had to feed my pets anyways. 

I realised that that particular area of the game seemed neglected somewhat. the darkness and splash audio is simple and effective, and honestly i kind of captures that feeling perfectly. ( i swam in loch ness in just Underwear, as a dare. ) however i thought that more could be added to that area. like a struggle option, simmilar to a wolf attack, though much more punishing and challenging, perhaps if you did not make a suitable fight, you would be swept under the ice forever. 

that paragraph wasnt particularly conclusive, so, to properly conclude, i think that a struggle bar for falling through ice would be cool, i guess, with a high mortality rate, because i feel like everyone except bear grylls would die once falling through ice.

download (1).jpg

The "struggle" commences after falling through the ice in that the player is now in wholly went clothing and extremely subject to getting hypothermia in a very short time frame.  Whether or not people, other than Bear Grylls, could survive breaking through ice depends quite a bit on the depth of the water they fall into IRL and the strength of nearby ice.  The water depths in Forlorn Muskeg may not be that deep.   I'm not adverse to a struggle mechanic being added to the situation though.  It might be kind of cool, although another QTE in the game may not be appreciated.  I've broken through muskeg  on horseback during the summer and it was and immense struggle for myself and my horse to extricate us from the situation.

Edited by UpUpAway95

9 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

QTE

ugh... definitely a "No thank you" to quick time events... I hate them so much.  Loathsome and distracting in my opinion.
(I'm explicitly referring to the ones where you need to press left... then press A, then pres... ugh, so horrible...)

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't mind a simple "CLIMB OUT" button mash that would help reduce the effects of falling through ice.  Maybe reducing the amount of immediate condition damage you suffer as a result of falling through if you climb out quickly, but the difficulty of the mash is impacted by how much weight you're carrying.

5 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

I wouldn't mind a simple "CLIMB OUT" button mash that would help reduce the effects of falling through ice.  Maybe reducing the amount of immediate condition damage you suffer as a result of falling through if you climb out quickly, but the difficulty of the mash is impacted by how much weight you're carrying.

That would be a bit painful though, for people with RSIs, or arthritis (like mine) that makes button (or even paddle) mashing an issue. The accessibility option of "hold to..." could be used, and it is far less stressful if my RA is flaring up and I need to use it for wolf struggles, but it also does take away some of the feeling of "winning", since timing and "skill" is removed from the event. Not sure, for me, that holding a button on my mouse or controller, for a shorter or longer amount of time, would provide any real satisfying feeling for me (gameplay-wise), just to get out of the icy water. To me, thinking about it, it seems like it would be a bit of an annoyance to have to do, especially with my love-hate relationship with FM already in place. Just my feelings on it, it will be different for each person who may be affected by it.