Toilet stalls

Linachuwu

Hello!
I've been following The Long Dark since 2014, and there has always been a detail that sort of bugged me. I didn't know there was a forum where we could talk about TLD until I watched the video that they just uploaded haha. 

The toilet stalls. I never understood why we wouldn't be able to enter them; they could provide some sort of shelter, make it a building that you can enter without needing to go through a waiting screen. I doubt we would be able to find clean water there, but maybe someone left their newspapers there, or other various small items. 

5 minutes ago, Linachuwu said:

Hello!
I've been following The Long Dark since 2014, and there has always been a detail that sort of bugged me. I didn't know there was a forum where we could talk about TLD until I watched the video that they just uploaded haha. 

The toilet stalls. I never understood why we wouldn't be able to enter them; they could provide some sort of shelter, make it a building that you can enter without needing to go through a waiting screen. I doubt we would be able to find clean water there, but maybe someone left their newspapers there, or other various small items. 

Do you mean the plastic portable toilets? If so I've wondered that too.

5 hours ago, Hawk said:

I don't know about how it is in Canada, but here in the states, the porta-john companies use chemicals in them; not water. 🤮

If they use anything at all!  I wouldn't drink from one even if I was dying of thirst - DISEASE!

Guest kristaok

I agree we should be able to enter the outhouses , but I wouldn't want the water from one. Porta potties are known for being really nasty. 

I'm all for being able to go inside the stall. It'd be great as a wind break to allow a fire or to hide from a wolf. However as far as drinking from one... Theres some differences between the toilets and the portable ones. 

Toilets most people flush after using, leaving the water pretty clean.

The portable ones from what I know at least from my experience are... basically a hole with chemicals in it. There's no flushing, there's no clean water. Its like looking into a sewer. I Don't think 1000 tablets or boiling that water a million times would make it safe lol!

Edited by strongpelt