The Long Dark Mode Survey

Admin

Hey All! Survival Mode is what I've only played, mostly because when I started TLD there wasnt WM avail yet. It later was introduced but heard it was episodic. I really do want to know more about the story behind what happened in this world and I would imagine story mode explains plenty of the mysteries in the game that it be cool to have answered. I know that buffer memories and notes have a bit of story in them and might fill in what is going on if I collect them all, or most (also pretty insterested in trying out the bread recipe i found, haha). I will eventually get into Wintermute but for now I just want to grind in Survival. Either way I love hearing that this game is still being worked on and getting more content in it! Thanks for reaching out to the community and for creating such a great game! Looking forward to seeing more! Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Yeah exactly, story mode is fine but it's a one-shot and done in a few hours, so presumably you can get a great idea of how many play survival mode just by checking if they have more than 30h played in the game. That should cover a re-play of Redux and a short challenge or two, so anything above should be replayability. That's better than a poll because in a poll you can lie, or as mentioned be forced to make a choice even though you've played both.

But yeah, story games will always be shorter in hours played than Sandbox games with high replayability. It's a testament to the balance of the core simulation that players find interesting challenges after several hundred hours played.

Edited by Gun Tech.
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Survival, the best thing ever

Having Story Mode is nice I guess and makes the game stand out I'm sure but I never even finished Episode 1, easy linear gameplay and annoying characters drove me off

Edited by Mistral

• Admin unpinned, unfeatured and locked this topic