Cinderella Challenge

BareSkin

:D I tend to use the rifle as a glorified cracker. 90% when it's an 'effective' shot it means I scared the wolf off with the bang.

Have you given up on crafting the bearskin bedroll? I thought it would help tremendously since you can take the can and another item.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tulkawen said:

Have you given up on crafting the bearskin bedroll? I thought it would help tremendously since you can take the can and another item.

Not at all, but it'll become craftable only just before I have to leave, the second bear hide isn't cured yet. But don't worry, I did the maths, and it's gonna be ready for when I leave. The last problems is finding a good snares spot in OIC, cause I can live only so many days on deer carcasses.

Edited by BareSkin
  • Upvote 1

I see your guy is hanging out in the same place my guy is. I used to hate DP (I've croaked there lots) but I've come to really like it now. Mind you, on day ~650 those snares are a LOT less productive; I've got four out in the exact same spot you do and I'm only pulling a rabbit every three or four days.

• Upvote 1

On 2/15/2019 at 11:42 AM, stratvox said:

I see your guy is hanging out in the same place my guy is. I used to hate DP (I've croaked there lots) but I've come to really like it now. Mind you, on day ~650 those snares are a LOT less productive; I've got four out in the exact same spot you do and I'm only pulling a rabbit every three or four days.

I think there is another mechanism in place for you, i.e. resource exhaustion for a given map. I should not have this problem *fingers crossed*.

BareSkin32- D28 [Cinderella ]

- Next morning: 3 rabbits for 6 snares since last morning.

- Efficiency is enough to maintain a Cinderella in OIC if all snaring spots are created equal

- The 3 rabbits, as expected, give me Harvest5

screen_8d4166c0-836a-4756-a9d8-f07f709b279f_hi.thumb.png.1161aa6fe71645e3d42481a94f108626.png

- Around noon, last travel to Hibernia for taking some tea to warmup before Prince Charming meetup

- I take the reishis, and the wolf pelt. Yes, the one who killed my lil'bro Bareskin27. I’ll put my skinny ass on it while waiting for midnight.

- Can’t believe I leave so many matches and some much food.

- Can’t believe I’m actually repairing clothes just for practising Mending

- I tear down 2 thin wool sweaters, and 2 military coats, crying on them.

- Eat some canned food before my last big sleep-heal back to 100% health.

• Like 1

BareSkin32- D29 [Cinderella ]

- Only two days before the big night! I hope it’s gonna be as sweet as in a Disney.

- On my way to the Church, I have no father. But I meet a moose. I’ll have to go there via the mine.

- Never seen this Moose before, no wonder he’s killed @tulkawen before, he chose the only chokepoint of the map, the Bridge.

- Bear near the mine, it’s big-game-day today…

screen_4b0c814c-f367-4d91-a2f3-e7d3d67852ff.thumb.png.33d6898abf9650cdd10cc44644ad916e.png

-It’s actually respawn day, since I find 5 coals that weren’t here yesterday evening

-4 rabbits on 6 snares, I replace the 4 snares but I know I’ll probably never see them again

- harvesting 1kg rabbit barehands takes 15min (+56calories) with harvest5: I can pull 2 rabbit for every complete cycle of watermaking

- Begin crafting the bedroll

- temperature science during the day while sharpening knife

image.png.863f1ce8090b9955f3ea7210486cd467.png

It seems that Voyageur actually doesn't drop the temperatures over time that much. In Interloper, that's brutal.

image.png.f6483ac2a1bd75a85b14209f74db2d9a.png

Seems there's a baseline, modified with "cold morning" option. There's also a "blizzard" modifier (this -24°C right in the afternoon)

- The snow shelter option seems like an always-possible solution in Voyageur, just need to sleep in the afternoons, and away from patrolled paths.

- Since the last Milton Dispatch, I pronounce Voyageur correctly, with my very nice french accent :D

- I remove all my clothes, for mental training. And for washing a bit before the big day, it's been 28days I didn't wash.

screen_acbbfb47-9111-4632-94c7-233ed364b5ae_hi.thumb.png.f1a904c3ff41c78b360b25f60bf98a82.png

- craft and cook some tea, I leave it near the fire for night 30 to brake the ice with my lover.

- Cook rabbit in the evening for tomorrow's romantic dinner 

- When I can't craft the bedroll anymore, I go for my last lonely night

Edited by BareSkin
typos
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BareSkin said:

Never seen this Moose before, no wonder he’s killed @tulkawen before, he chose the only chokepoint of the map, the Bridge.

He chokepointed more than the bridge. He got me under the bridge when I was checking the truck. If I ever spawn at DP on Loper, no way hose am I going near that truck within rifle shot. Forget the possible prybar spawn, I'm not getting my ribs in a twist.

Interesting statistic. It seems the temp is coldest between 6 and 8 am. I'd have thought it would be during the night around 3am.

Edit: Actually, he didn't kill me. Just reduced my health to 40% during the first hour of my game and then I froze limping to Hibernia.

Edited by tulkawen

9 hours ago, tulkawen said:

If I ever spawn at DP on Loper, no way hose am I going near that truck within rifle bow shot

Since there is no living deer nearby, you could here it without any doubt before being in any danger range.

9 hours ago, tulkawen said:

Interesting statistic. It seems the temp is coldest between 6 and 8 am. I'd have thought it would be during the night around 3am.

It seems that the baseline temperatures is divided into 2 chunks of 12h, I often see disruption (lack of continuity) around noon. The mornings see a lot of variations, while afternoon seems pretty much always the same.

• Upvote 1

BareSkin32- D30 [Cinderella ]

- Spent the whole day crafting the bedroll, I finish it just before daylight goes off

- I try to keep my stomach full, in preparation. Butterflies in my belly, I meet Prince Charming tonight.

- Transfer near the mine entrance around, 8PM, light up a fire, eat and drink full

- To make sure I convince Prince Charming to join me in the bearskin bedroll, I get naked and start waiting for him, sleeping 1h chunks until midnight

screen_23703d85-7acf-42ef-92ed-f0b8c3d37c0f.thumb.png.c61482b1637ef897bb8ea35404cee4c7.png

- Bearskin Bedroll, Midnight moon, a nice hot fire under snowflakes, everything is perfect for this romantic Voyageurs rendez-vous. Barry White comes in my head. Let the music play...

- I even prepare 2 teas, I'll have the mushroom one and he'll have the rose hips one. Because we don't like gender stereotypes.

screen_5cac3b05-e098-43f2-81b7-bd9f30bb9996_hi.thumb.png.58436afa983e6b30ff125504b38e9b1f.png

screen_4aa5ff5d-1398-4a08-a92a-01670e1d304d_hi.thumb.png.4a66791cbe546a4b598d043f4369bac1.png

The perfect romantic setup. Who knows, maybe we're even Feb 14th?

-Just before midnight, I hear footsteps crunching the snow. I hide my shoulders in my fresh bedroll that still smells quite a bit, but at least it covers my own scent.

-We smile to each other, he has nearly no equipment, said it's been stolen from him last night. Walking in the dark night, he got frozen.

-I invite him to take his frozen clothes off and warm near my fire draped in the cloth bedroll. After few moments he's warm again, we speak a bit.

- At midnight the winds turn and fire is killed to embers.

- @Raph+DevTeam *blink* *blink* *blink* I light my crafted candle the last Survival update has given me {1 can+ 30cL fat/oil + 1 cloth/curedgut, workbench} and bring the fire inside

- We’re forced to enter the Mine naked in a hurry, he helps me drag the heavy bedroll inside the mine

- We get to know each other a bit closer and as they say, what happens in the bedroll stays in the bedroll

- Our meeting gets a bit messy, and my candle gets spilled on the floor, the flame of course dies.

- Few moments later, Prince needs some privacy for natural needs, he exits the mine and I laugh imagining him freezing outside. Assbite might no be far.

- I hear metallic sounds from the door.

- I realize only after a few minutes of him non getting back, that I have been locked into the mine from the outside. This bastard just took literally everything from me, except my smelly bedroll and an now-empty can.

- I also realize that 30 days before, it would have made me cry. Tonight, no. I changed my mind about Human Nature since I'm a survivor.

- I lock this door from the inside. At least this b4st4rd will die in Desolation Point.

- Justice passed, it's now time for plans. I'll survive.

Edited by BareSkin
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, BareSkin said:

To make sure I convince Prince Charming to join me in the bearskin bedroll, I get naked and start waiting for him, sleeping 1h chunks until midnight

I realize only after a few minutes of him non getting back, that I have been locked into the mine from the outside. This bastard just took literally everything from me, except my smelly bedroll and an now-empty can.

I lock this door from the inside. At least this b4st4rd will die in Desolation Point.

:D He was working for the evil stepmother all along.

Edited by tulkawen
  • Like 1

While I look for snare spots in OIC on a test run, I'd like some feedback from readers of this thread about my plans:

Here's my raw notes, I've decided not to cheat the fire, as you probably guess given Day 30 entry :D. The aurora on first night is already ruled out too.

Cheating possibility: start a fire inside the mine before midnight :D . Rules are: not leaving items

Cinderella - Old Island Connector :

Prereq. in priority order: 1can/1bedroll/Fire5/Cook5/+-Harvest5

0/ Pray the weather gods.

1/ Enter Mine n°3 with all prereqs on day 30 midnight, rested, full stomach and water (campsite in front of the entrance).

2/ If lucky, aurora night: wait/use the lights, loot everything, sleep at the other endpoint until 5AM (bedroll=positive FL)

General case: Get the matches, the book (nominal 18’ =27’ w/ Fire5) wait/sleep for few hours, don’t brake crates, it’s calories. We’ll come back later for that. Start a fire in the mine (can’t go outside) around 3AM (spend first match) for making a torch + unsafe water. Basic result: 1match+1book= 1flame+1torches.

Depending on torch condition, 1 torch might not be enough for my fire-bringing plans: spend a coal (1h nominal) and make 6 more torches. Check on test run if the minimum time for coal addition is nominal or real. If realtime the 27 minutes from the book are enough, if nominal, need to brake the small crate before starting the fire for using/adding the reclaimed (and then no need for coal to make torches anyway)

Navigate the mine with the torch, take everything Hoover-style (coals, stones), don’t switch to storm lantern (keep fire). Don’t run, but don’t stop.

3/ At the other end, grab the outside OMBL. Start another fire outside with the found reclaimed if no sticks nearby (+- 1 coal = 3h total), launch watermaking, drop all stones except 10 for wolf driving. While waiting for water, hear and locate the wolves howlings.

Ideal alternative: if clear night maybe go directly to Moutain cave and make fire (with local fuel) there near the potential carcass and switch to #5 directly?

Harvest cloth from 16% fleece mittens (work gloves 44%) don’t make bandages from cloth until the map loot didn’t give some bandages, use flares to avoid bleeding in the meantime.

4/ On next temp bar, find some sticks and check if there’s no huntable rabbit nearby. Maybe take some sticks near the road barrier. Can lose some health to cold for getting a rabbit (=gut), cause we’re gonna sleep on calories. Don’t run.

Don’t lose calories braking crates or harvesting rabbits until starved.

Result of night1: 1 match+1book+1reclaimed+-1coal = 2 fires, xxL water (enough until next morning), 1 or 2 torches. Nice start. And a lot of sorrow from the betrayal. Human Nature is awful.

4/Start Day 31: morning1, when daylight is available and wolves’ zones somewhat known (7AM?): make at least 3 new torches, take a lit one, go start a torch-fire near a deer carcass (Mountain cave?). Constant water-making+full harvest no matter the calorie cost, need the guts and pelt. Be careful not to spend sticks more than necessary, can’t start a fire with a coal and reclaimed are for snares.

Kill the first match (+-Run) back inside and start curing the 2 guts.

5/ Late morning 1: time for rabbit hunt! Snap nearby rabbits (near blue pickup or Junction) and harvest only the guts in the nearest inside place (will take pelts and meat later for free, we already have deer meat), drop the guts for curing.

There are usually 2-3 free rabbits (found 5 total on a Day5 Voyageur). Minimum total of 4 guts curing (2deer +2 rabbits). These 4 should go for snares on day 36.

6/ Early afternoon1 (~1PM): start looting the map upside map (sticks+stones), Moutain cave, blue pickup, Harris, red car, +-corpse. List branches places.

7/ Late afternoon1(~6PM): go loot the Arch cave, and back to the indoors nearest to a second dear carcass (possibly West Harris, guaranteed carcass?). If still daylight next tempbar (6PM?), go for some branch.

Now that the map is fully looted (except branches and wolf territory), make a decision about making bandages with the cloth or keeping it for mending when tackle is available.

8/ Don’t eat for sleeping Night 2, except if suffered high hyporisk and/or struggle (but bleeding=death anyway)

9/ Restore Rest until morning2 (5AM) and start Day 32: go for the second carcass. Same plan: torch-fire (2nd match) constant water, full harvest. Spend all necessary coal. +-Run back for starting curing the 2 additional guts (1 for tackle, 1 for hat).

If/when starved, finish harvesting the rabbits meat/pelts inside

Afternoon2 depending on health status: sticks run near Coastal Highway exit (many branches near West Harris)

10/ Depending on where is cooked meat, prepare for a 10h sleep-heal on Night3. Should have at least 6 guts curing (+3 rabbit pelts) : 4 snares, 1tackle (already have hook), 1hat. Next craft deerskin boots/mitts depending on clothing loot so far. Will need 1 more tackle also.

11/ Plan calories spending until snares become available. No rabbit respawn before that day (5 days). Do the maths about affordable dehydration.

Switch to routine mode: morning for fire (water+-cooking), afternoon for fuel hunting. Plan/check the matches spending. Check the cloths status: enough for a Shelter?

As soon as possible (day36), run on snares for calories. Make a new run for coal with the storm lantern found in the cave on snare-crafting day.

<exhaustive loot in the mine>: hook, prybar, soda, book, 1 scrap, 3 coals in a small crate, storm lantern, sewing primer, 1 reclaimed, some lantern fuel, 2 flares, work gloves, 5 crates, 1 cloth, 1 accelerant, work boots, salty crackers, fleece mittens, many stones and 19 coals on the floor.

Work gloves 44 %

Fleece Mittens 16 %

Work boots 45 %

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BareSkin said:

Here's my raw notes, I've decided not to cheat the fire, as you probably guess given Day 30 entry

There's always a loophole to survive through. :D

As for my notes, I dare say my advice will likely lead you to getting eaten by a wolf the very first day, thus, it might be best to rely on different ones. I'm just glad Cinderella found work slippers.

If I'm not mistaken that wolf territory has those ruined houses (and a basement?) which may also have items. (Yet, told ya my advice will lead you to being eaten.)

1 hour ago, BareSkin said:

Nice start. And a lot of sorrow from the betrayal. Human Nature is awful.

I just keep chuckling at this situation. I'm imagining an established survivor suddenly finding a newbie on their map all plane wrecked and freezing who turns out to be an utter scoundrel and steals all their stuff.

FYI I did a try-run and no wolf spawned the first 2 days (didn't go further, on a good path to die of hunger)

I really enjoyed the first night: aurora, fire settled by the beach for some beach-combing and a midnight bath. The sea brought 1 cotton hat and a piece of wood.

6 hours ago, Czhilli said:

@BareSkin I’m pretty sure you are guaranteed three deer carcasses: Cave near Road Collapse, The Arch and in the dip between the Harris Homestead and Coastal Highway exit.

Well on my test run for snares there were ony 2 deer carcass, above the Arch (still on upper level) there was a human corpse. Anyway if there are 3, even better, I'll be able to put something on my butt chicks :D

17 hours ago, LkP said:

FYI I did a try-run and no wolf spawned the first 2 days (didn't go further, on a good path to die of hunger)

That's always the case with any Voyageur start it seems. My test run had 2, one 3 different patrol routes (near DP mine, between Harri's and Arch, between Arch and DP on lower level). AKA you're safe nowhere.

BareSkin32- D31 [Cinderella ]

- I just found two snaring spots on a test run, so let’s dive into Cinderella fight for life!

screen_48885410-4903-4363-b5ca-5970eadf886d.thumb.png.13f9f1456f41d16fea12b8d7ca029ac8.pngscreen_3ed29b25-0f6d-4c62-a43b-09d839bbf109.thumb.png.10c3b0fd80ea888e224a3ffacc027c90.png

- Also discovered on test run that Cloth Bedroll sleep-heal curve is actually shifted from the bed one by -2% ratio

image.png.d6d3783a3f39bccd092f6f70bd1c6323.png

- I fire up my strategy plan: it’s not aurora night: I use my hands in the dark to grab 1 hook, 1 prybar, 3 coals inn the small crate, 1 soda, 1 book, 12 wood matches.

screen_5070bcac-fde0-49a9-9f21-6defc86a0b5a.thumb.png.715966b5f144096fde910f76b0632ef9.png

All my wealth = 2.91 kg

- The mine AT +1, so the warmup bonus from my romantic tea will actually not be needed

- Since I want to try my one-match-technique (long time I didn’t practise in Sleepwalker), I go for some sleeping to get me to morning.

- Oh, my! The bearskin bedroll is a +12°C bonus?!!? Daf*q?

- Since I’m full health, I sleep in 1h chunk in case an aurora decides to show up. 3 chunks, no aurora. It’s now around 4AM, time for the fire and navigation

- I checked on test run about the coal countdown, it’s realtime, not nominal, so I don’t need to spend calories braking a crate, I light up the 100% chance fire only with the book. 11 matches left.

image.png.0241fcfc58731daf19068486efd4e2f5.png

- Thanks to Fire 5 and the power of Science, it brings me to the coal time thanks to the 5 minutes embers (book is 27’, coal countdown is 30’), I drop 1 and pull torches. That was short, but that's how hardcore is played: borderline, always.

screen_673897f5-4617-4281-927a-35c57775c75c.thumb.png.16ffa136dc3f4e5cb6953d5d3a0a3f6f.pngscreen_041370bf-623a-4bd9-8efb-2b7ae56f5f6d.thumb.png.c2c6230ffdd72be889793206b22a76ba.png

- I am lucky, torches are 45% ones. I pull 7 on them, I should be fine for a long time about 1-match firestarts. Plus that makes 7 sticks (49’ nominal) from a coal (1h nominal), which is only 10% loss in fuel (but+0.5L water), the best spent coal in my run so far.

- I leave the place, 5 reclaimed will be waiting for me here on next aurora / coal run

- At the other end total loot: 27 coals, 1 scrap, 21 stones, sewing primer, storm lantern, 1 reclaimed, 0.36L loil lamp, 1 newspaper, 1 more lantern fuel bottle (0.47L total), 44% work gloves, 1 flare, 16% fleece mittens, 45% work boots, salty crackers, another flare, 1 cloth, another newsprint, 1 accelerant

screen_459fbc27-c7b1-43a6-8813-ace96d4e79bb.thumb.png.b78fa734b2008643ac1024ce783cfebf.png

You can protect me from being eaten? Love you!

- I hastily equip the boots and gloves, and immediately head outside, bringing my fire.

screen_0ac3ea9b-4268-43f3-b21f-69d22cc3c210.thumb.png.390fda85a95c9aed18187d8fefd67a09.png

- The night is wonderful and I'm on time (before 6AM), but as soon as I’m outside I hear footsteps- wolf or rabbit? My heart wants a rabbit, my cortex knows it’s a wolf.

screen_a2f6d23d-c838-4196-bbc6-c1555d2c84e3.thumb.png.d98b24532d26738ec500020ee63b7282.png

I've been thinking about you...

• Like 4

Going for cliffhangers these days I see. :D Has to be the bunny if you squint enough.

I don't know about bearskin bedrolls. Is +12C good or bad?

That was pretty dangerous with the fire. It doesn't always offer embers.

It's good you found crackers and soda. At least one night will be food provided. Then we move on to chewing sticks. ^_^

• Upvote 1

Guest jeffpeng

It's fun to see you engineering the living shuckz out of this @BareSkin :D I knew why I asked if the transition zones do count as their own region.

It's also worth noting that the "Bareskin Bedroll" should have the same condition recovery as a normal bed.

4 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

It's also worth noting that the "Bareskin Bedroll" should have the same condition recovery as a normal bed.

You know me, I'll do some tests about his. That would be History if people called this the Bareskin Bedroll, right :D?

After the start of OIC (first trapped rabbit if it ever happens) I will try to put an end to my Sleepwalking Bareskin, I've got to get to these 100 days !

5 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

Well that depends on what you classify as a "normal bed". Is the bear bedroll just as good as camp office, jackrabbit, misanthrope? Yep. Is the bear bedroll as good as a trailer, ryken, hibernia, trappers? Nope.

31 minutes ago, earthy said:

Well that depends on what you classify as a "normal bed".

This is true, when I tried to test the sleeping curve before Sleepwalking, I had different curves for Milton Plane cave, Trailer, and Gray Mother bed... strange but anyway, in sleepwalking it doesn't matter.

BareSkin32- D31-Morning31 [Cinderella ]

- I read the plan but don’t care much about the OMBL for now: I can't hear the foosteps anymore, my goal is a deer carcass.

- I see a lot of branches I can’t care about (my third torch is burning), I eventually find 3 sticks before arriving in front of the Mountain Cave

- The carcass is here, and I’m still alive! From here, I can heat the howling is from either the Arch or Harri’s road, good for me, very lucky start.

- Start the watermaking, harvest both burnt torches, grab all meat (1.2kg) cause I’m Harvest 5.

- Perfect timing: I’m at with the carcass meat in hands exactly at 6AM

screen_ee0e42b9-a8b5-4a28-92ff-617bc23d3111.thumb.png.f836b9f157e056a47fe622ef50ac82c6.png

True life

- New water cycle, 1 kg meat cooking: I go for the skin (28 minutes barehands with Harvest 5)

- Next water cycle, a gut (28’), and again for the second gut.

screen_f3af9fb7-6ab9-4c72-b929-4e493b1534f3.thumb.png.c51222520e73cf408eea79ef25ef4afa.png

- In the nearby cave, 2 fir and 1 cedar, I drop the guts in there to start curing

- I’m overweighted because I’m stupid: I didn’t drop coals and stones before leaving, I’ll have the go back to the mine when ther fire is finished

- Anyway, the fire didn’t maintain me above FL0 (I’m at -4) because of windchill, so I can’t go to Harri’s, it’s too far

- I grab steaks and guts back and when the last water making cycle is begun, I leave it finish alone and run back to the mine.

-I’ll have to come grab that can back in the afternoon, but no biggie: since it’s the nowolf zone for today, I’ll be there for branches anyway

- I lose 6% health to hyporisk in the process, but gain 9 sticks and a reclaimed near the burnt house (didn’t open the metal box there)

-I drop all the curables on the floor, and stones/coals in the lockers, harvest the mittens

- I fill the Storm Lantern and put it on a shelf, total 1.31L available for navigating the Mine later

- Sleep 1h for warmup, with the Bareskin Bedroll it fills all my warmth bar! Incredible!

- head outisde, it’s snowing (-17°C @11AM = normal day), grab 3 OMBL, 2 shrooms and a Metal, then to the blue Pickup: 3 sodas, no rabbit.

- Free rabbit (=guts without snares) are the precious money in the early stage, matches later.

- Too cold, my 4 needs are low, back in the mine I craft the Reishi and 2 OMBs, and sleep 3h while I’m not starved, that gets me to the mid-afternoon Interlopers and Naked Voyageuse cherish so much.

-Since I didn’t eat, I didn’t think about drinking enough before sleep: -2% health.

-Mid afternoon, AT-8, I keep the moutain close to me while going toward the Junction (snwoy passage towards Harris)

- After 2 branches, strong winds: I can’t harvest fuel anymore and have to Rush into Harris Basement after grabbing my can back, and snapping a lonely rabbit at Junction who forgot to go back home before blizzard.

screen_7534c0e4-7e09-4b94-a475-1426100e0936.thumb.png.b1863cd262ef11969ec15aad2b8d24cf.png

-I immediately fully harvest the fat 1.5kg rabbit (1h18)

-Harris loot: Accelerant, useless newsprint, flare, 20 matches, woot! 1 stim (nice), 1 bandage (nice too, I could potentially survive a Struggle now), another useless prybar, a very nice 0.99L Jerry can for the storm lamp, 1 reclaimed, a very nice thin wool sweater for covering my b00bs, dress hsirt and Cargo pants in the washer! I can even cover my 4ss, very nice! 1 useless metal, 20 more matches in the tools drawer! I’m a Queen!

-Overall that's a very nice loot, since I found 3 pieces of clothing and matches.

screen_a37c6b23-66f7-4a73-846c-401a39db1f26.thumb.png.6b9f8afe066d099b734e58ef93c6df4c.png

This picture calls for a Rabbitskin Hat, ain't it? Thank God @Hinterland, we now can

-Outside the basement, I drop the raw meat, 12 more matches in a backpack, sardines, 1 reclaimed, the corpse is empty.

- Before nightfall, I go check the presence of nearby carcass for tomorrow morning, it’s here and I also find a coal on my way, the red car gives beef jerky, a note and Frozen Angler, I force the trunk to find Painkillers (priceless!) and a soda.

screen_89eb9fd1-3fd8-40d9-a30f-dcdc8816bb55.thumb.png.788974b04073a0eae2f5e27bf5f7389f.png

Can you see it too?

- Before going for a 9h-sleep, I don’t eat: the meat is too precious. I'll wake up at around 90% health, which is fine.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, tulkawen said:

It doesn't always offer embers.

I think it does when sheltered

22 hours ago, tulkawen said:

I don't know about bearskin bedrolls. Is +12C good or bad?

A new Cloth on is +3°, a bed is usually +5°. A Snow Shelter is +15°C. So yeah, it's very good, since you can move it.

• Upvote 2

BareSkin32- D32 [Cinderella ]

- I wake up around 5AM with 86% of my life, and immediately head to the carcass, -21°C, snowing without winds (yet)

- I hear the howling near the Arch, maybe I won’t go there in the afternoon after all

- I was right in my calculations: 2 sticks are enough to make the 30minutes of fire needed for the coal! 10 matches left from the initial box.

- The deer has only 0.6kg of meat, but I’m here for the others parts, right? Everything goes as planned: 1 match, 2 sticks, 1 coal give me water, pelts, guts and meat. 10 matches left from the first box.

screen_b3300b88-fd95-4fa2-9e94-f28daefd2b16.thumb.png.1a03a0828ab4c874deb6d068b36056dc.png

- I now have 5 curing guts, the biggest part of the start is done. Now is more about waiting and managing time and resources.

- Snap another rabbit, and run into Harris with growling in my back. Or maybe it’s the winds

- I drop the crowbars, don’t need them anymore. Ever.

- Winds too strong to go far, and at noon I harvested all nearby branches: sleep1h

- Early afternoon, FL-11: I go for the Arch cave, and I’ll be back to Harris because of wold avoidance policy, and raw meat to cook tomorrow morning2

- The beach gives 1 stick, 1 cloth, 2 others sticks I don’t grad because of weak ice distance being too large

-Arriving at the Arch, what do I see? Another deer carcass! It’s knife-carved “Have fun” on it, signed @Czhilli. I know where to go for my tomorrow morning fire. I’m careful not to click the carcass for it not to disappear before tomorrow morning

- The cave gives 3 shrooms, OMB I don’t take (can’t be eaten, already have 2 blessings), 1 prokandbeans, 8 coals

- I wonder if the deer carcass can’t be processed at least a bit (pelt?), since I’m at FL-3. Will I be greedy? I’ve already been too greedy in the past and paid with my life (Bareskin7 day 99).

screen_b328b2e6-f023-4797-950c-d0729662b8e9.thumb.png.e00364637b0481c1a60a60a0ee79bf24.png

Part of being good at TLD, is not being greedy

- I decide I'm bareskin32, that's 24 Interloper+ survival games of experience since Bareskin7: greedy, I will be.

- Since the howling are at the other side of the Arch, I fully harvest (1.7kg) and run back towards Harris with 2 scent bar, ready to share my loot with a wolf

screen_33da4be1-0d64-4f24-b7e7-2b2bd69bebde.thumb.png.22360995987e19b8dc5297537cb21be7.png

That's where my Cargo Pants got wet. Good news, there's made for it.

- The full harvest without fire (too fuel-inefficient and don’t want to spend a match) is paid with 20% hyporisk when I make it into the basement wetting my pants in fear of a struggle, health is down to 62%, but I know my third night will be on calories so it’s still quite OK

- My rest bar is starting to be penalized for starving, so I go right away for a 9h starved sleep before it drops too low

• Like 2

It's nice that things are looking up for Cinderella.

Gotto keep those boobs frostbite free. Since you won't be able to kill the wolves to make them into jackets, the shirts and jackets are best clothing finds. You can craft boots or pants since you have 3 deer. Maybe don't use your deer skins right away and simply cure plus stash safely in case either pants or boots get destroyed then you'll craft the lacking item.

You may want to hit the wolves with the crowbar if you get wolfed unless you intend to throw your overabundance of matches at them if that happens. -_- My first ever wolf encounter was when I defended myself with the crowbar and he fled after one hit, which remains the best defense fight up to date.

Edited by tulkawen
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, tulkawen said:

Gotto keep those boobs frostbite free.

Did you just invent the concept of boobsbite, like the assbite?

Maybe don't use your deer skins right away

I will turn them into pants as soon as I can: 44% work boots will last 30 days easily since I found running shoes, I'll repair the work ones with the leather. Replacing the boots would give me +1.5° total (can't stack two boots and the leather would be useless), adding a deerskin pants on outer shell will give +3.5 (+4 -0.5, cargo are very bad outer), also the pants are 60% protection and the boots are 50% only. And I'd like to keep cloth, in case, you know, I decide I need to spice things up a bit and make a Shelter...

You may want to hit the wolves with the crowbar if you get wolfed

That's where my Interloping nature comes against me: I was thinking struggle=death and didn't keep any defensive weapon. You gave me a very nice advice and I'll grab one back, even if my best weapon is still "avoidance at all cost" policy.

Edited by BareSkin

BareSkin32- D33 [Cinderella ]

- I wake up around 3AM in aurora lights, health 52%

screen_aff0816a-e718-489b-adf0-ed459160b494.thumb.png.9c913bae01f4231504b776aac816e4c9.png

-I have to wait a bit before going make my fire outside, and I wish I were in the mine for a second coal sweep

- I dress as an account manager (you know, with this nice golfing hat): 3 guts in the mine +6 here, total 9. 3 rabbit pelts curing = 1 hat (8 guts left), 3 deer skins= 1 pant (boot are the same price - 4 guts - and I already have some). 1 gut for making 2 tackles, that’s 3 guts left for snares, it’s good enough for starting since I believe I will also encounter other free rabbits.

- Thinking it’s been 48h I’m in there, and I have spent only 2 matches for materials giving 3 snares+hat+boots, I’m quite proud.

- Temperature outside is already low enough to allow my 2-sticks technique (AT-25 @3AM, it’s a cold morning day), so I go for it since you never have too much water and I have a bit of raw meat to cook too. 9 matches left.

screen_4ea7f05f-f12a-409f-aa33-79a90e6a5829_hi.thumb.png.6948caf39134dd9e6f56dacb0e026a8e.png

-Cold bonus science: my fire loses 17’ nominal minutes during a water cycle of 38’. Since I’m at Fire5, those 38 realtime minutes should have cost my fire only 38/(1+0.5)=25.3 nominal minutes without taking the cold bonus into account. Since it took only 17 of these, that’s a 25.3/17-1=49% bonus from the cold bonus. Reverse way: 17*(1+0.5)*(1+0.49)=38. So, Formula is simple RealtimeDuration=Nominal*(1+Kfireskill)*(1+Kcold).

- Since these coefficients are composite and not additive (would be RD=N*(1+Ksk+Kcold), and it's not), it means the more Fire Skill you have, the more you benefit the cold bonus (and vice versa of course)

- Here’s my science about this, remember those kind of measure is a bit sketchy in nature (temperatures changes, wind directions changes neglecting the cold bonus, etc). Better precision can be achieved with cooking 1kg steaks, but I’m at cooking 5 so boiling is my best way in this run (the Fire skill has been removed by calculus). TL,DR: doesn't matter unless you're in a morning or a blizzard (-20°C).

image.png.407798e87223059b44f61a8969d19f18.png

- Yes, I recorded an AT-43 in Voyageur (morning blizzard), I was surprised myself since that's around Interloper temperatures.

- At around 7AM, the fire dies (remember, 2 sticks+1 coal from 4AM) and I go inside sleep a bit before the Rest penalty comes to full

- Late morning, the howlings come from the lower part of the map: I cross to the Mine, braking 2 branching on my way and looting the green metal box for the Jackpot: 44% leather shoes (nice for repairing work ones), and… a 90% TUKE guys and gals!

screen_a47eba1f-fc4f-4a46-8dac-3acf6350ec1b.thumb.png.e745e9eda79d8dbaa530f27acb72fc8f.png

- I was already a Queen, what is better? An Alien Queen maybe?

- I can’t believe my luck, could it even go better? Yes! A free rabbit present into into my stones just before I enter the mine.

- I even allow myself braking branches frozen before entering, cause tonight is healing night

- When the 1.3kg rabbit is harvest, my health is at 38%. Harvest the shoes (2 leathers) waiting for afternoon, but of course can’t repair the ones I have

- Brake the mine entry cave for free (+4 reclaimed, total 10)

- Afternoon stick run ends up in snapping yet another rabbit. Can't go harvest fuel anyway, since the place is now patrolled

screen_474f6e67-c491-48bb-9755-997507722ee4.thumb.png.2549c3a35e8195c7ab089438d84a68ef.pngscreen_56150bae-25c8-4656-9eba-14b330369b4c.thumb.png.14bd315aa871300bbff976b73387b1e5.png

You can see it too, right?

- As per my Master Plan Point Number 10, I prepare for a nice healing night #3: I have more than 1000 calories from the first deer, a bedroll, a shelter: we’re good. I just have to stupidly spent a Sprint bar to spend Rest.

- Before I go to bed (680 calories needed), I realize I didn’t eat anything since I’m in OIC. I bet I could go until at least day 15 with only the animal meat I have. Didn’t even touch civilized food yet. I have 7.5kg cooked meat in the 2 backpacks near indoor places (+2 uncooked rabbits)

screen_304d9627-d814-482e-a00b-049542c3f862.thumb.png.9f81890b4eb93ec9b5b54276c38c89dc.pngscreen_d5db61f2-ced8-41c4-954c-e851d4733e69.thumb.png.a4fedda757259315e29e218fc06f5917.png

-10h sleep-heal from 32% to 98% (6.6%/h), just in between a cloth bedroll and the Riken/Hibernia beds. I’m all fixed!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1