Desolation Point Interloper Spawn Eighty Percent

Ice Hole

Have been noticing that my interloper spawns were Desolation Point, usually near Katies Secluded Corner.

This was happening often to me several months ago and seemed odd to me.  I was climbing TWM and wanted to try some goating and getting stuck is normal.  So I would reset and try again.  Sometimes DP spawn happened three times in a row. This was a version before custom play settings.  The eighty percent rate is just a guess but seemed that way to me.

Start interloper and notice if the spawn is Desolation Point.  Try it a dozen times.

Does this happen to others too?  Is it a bug?

Guest jeffpeng

DP definitely is one of the more common spawns, just like FM, but I couldn't claim I'd get it 50% of the time. But RNGeezuz does such things to you ^^

I suppose there is a clock based randomizer at play, since I tend to get repeats of the same spawn at each session. Sometimes I'll get a lot of FM, the next day is PV or DP. 

It could also be pure luck ( or lack thereof ) I presume. 

Guest jeffpeng

Unity uses .NET's/Mono's random number generator, which is seed based, and most likely seeded on microtime by default. However several interactions in the game seed from other values. Best example is probably the pull torch interaction, which seeds directly from the players position on the map.

2 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

Unity uses .NET's/Mono's random number generator, which is seed based, and most likely seeded on microtime by default. However several interactions in the game seed from other values. Best example is probably the pull torch interaction, which seeds directly from the players position on the map.

If that's the case then it has to be working properly.

To be fair, I haven't done 300 loper starts yet and human memory based statistcs are heavily skewed by one's own perception. I love starting in TWM for that sweet first day butt naked summit, but I rarely seem to get that spawn. I suppose that's more of a function of me wanting that so it seems somehow "rarer". 

4 hours ago, Dan_ said:

I love starting in TWM

That is exactly the reason I noticed getting DP over and over (sometimes four in a row), because I was trying to get a specific TWM interloper spawn.   Too bad we could not pick our spawn points using custom settings.  It would have to by number since the map choosing is done at the after.

Guest jeffpeng

Well I never started in MT near the original plane crash (prior to Redux) until that one game I did spawn there with Walker 3. I guess it's pretty rare to start in some regions in the first place. ML and MT feel like part of the odd bunch, while FM, BR and DP seem rather common, and PV, TWM, HRV and CH somewhere in the middle. 

I've spawned in the exact same places so many times I thought they were the only possible spawn points.  For me it was always halfway up TM, the waterfall near Three Strikes in PV, and near the Rifkin in DH.  Then I started a game on someone else's computer and whoa! a new spawn point! Mind blown.  :)

The last six interlopers runs.  TWM(LDRMG); HRV,HRV (2reset); PV(LDRMG?); DP(wolf),DP(current)

Anyone know the number of possible interloper spawns?  The odds have to be seven out of nine for getting back to back spawns.  Or two out of three with theses results.

DP for the win!

This area was always intimidating and now I find it one of the best starting locations.   Every thing for survival found quite immediately.  The BR along with the other tools in the map make for a great start.

The next destination is CH then off to ascend TWM for full equipment.    The best part about starting in DP and finding the BR is returning to forge.   Coal can be picked along the way and cached for the return.  This was a strategy I have used before and works.

Archived