Extra Tinder Decrease Ignition Time

Ice Hole

I think tinder should make ignition more likely, not necessarily faster. 

Heck maybe ignition time should always be in relation to how much over the target goal your RNG was.  If you needed a 70% to start the fire normally, and you added extra tinder to increase your chance of starting the fire to 75%, and you RNGed a 74, then having that fire take the full igniton time to start is probably realistic...good thing you had all that tinder ro you would have failed, and you probaly used every second of it's burn time to get the fire started.  Similarly, sikp the extra tinder and you RGN a 12, BOOM fast fire

Accelerant could be set up to increase fire start likelyhood by 90% basically meaning a really bad RNG roll still gives a fairly fast fire igntion time and an average or good RNG roll gives you FAST START FIRE

On 8/20/2018 at 10:26 PM, akodo1 said:

ignition time should always be in relation to how much over the target goal your RNG

That is a good idea and maybe straight forward enough to implement.

For me I would like to see tinder expanded upon.

Later stages when Fire Skill improves and tinder is not needed reduces the players choice.  The decision to bring or find tinder is lost.  The use of tinder should remain throughout the adventure and still retain its value.  

Another option is to combine different types of tinder.  The tinder variety produces bonuses to ignition.

Tinder should always be important to fire starting.

I agree it seems odd that they introduce the tinder mechanism in the game...and it fits because you can't just use a log and a match to make a fire...and then drop it when you get to a certain level.

Now, hauling around tinder SUCKS...but I wish they had never gone the route of making tinder useless at level 3 and higher

On 13/8/2018 at 4:30 PM, Ice Hole said:

The use of multiple tinder can decrease the time it takes to ignite a fire.  In a way similar to lighter fuel but not affecting the chance of ignition.

Tinder makes the ignition of a fire happen over a shorter period of time.

Good suggestion. Keeps tinder relevant midgame where the real time to start fire gets annoying.  +1

On 8/23/2018 at 7:03 PM, Ice Hole said:

Later stages when Fire Skill improves and tinder is not needed reduces the players choice.  The decision to bring or find tinder is lost.  The use of tinder should remain throughout the adventure and still retain its value.  

agreed, the growing pile of tinder behind camp office is evidence that there should be a use for it. I like the idea of having it accelerate the lighting of a fire. Maybe 25% faster fire lighting. Not as fast as using accelerant but still worth carrying a piece or two when you need a fast fire.

15 hours ago, Blankshield said:

What I would like to see is that at level 3,

What about the bonus is at level 5 Fire Master,  that way the player will do what we all do at level 3 and throw away tinder, dropping it all over the place.  Making a mess of the beautiful landscape.  Then level five arrives and realize you now have to go and clean up all that valuable tinder. :fire: (Tinder is sad it does not have an emoji)

Archived