Someone turned off my radio!

Silverhour

So I was lounging in the Camp Office, boiling water and doing some tool and clothing maintenance when the windows began glowing an eerie shade of green. None of the interior lights had come on yet, so the aurora wasn't very strong, but I clicked on the radio just for a little background music. When the light coming in from outside turned white from the floodlights, and the florescent fixtures inside began to flicker, I thought I'd go outside and enjoy a little bit of the fire in the sky. After looking out over Mystery Lake for a bit I went back inside and was met with silence... The music was gone! I went back over to the radio and 'click' it came back on! Someone had slipped in through the back door and turned off the classical piano that had been keeping me company! They didn't pillage anything, thankfully, (I took inventory upon learning of the intruder) but what kind of heartless creature takes away the only connection to a lost past a lonely survivor has? Or better yet, why didn't they come around the front and introduce themselves? They must be just as starved for human interaction as I am...

Or, it's just an oversight in the game, that resets the radio when you leave/enter a building... Either way.

screen_4d118458-979c-43b7-81da-783b856aaa71_hi.png

screen_d77ee3ed-4ba8-4a91-8048-ea8f3e574b1f_hi.png

You've probably turned off the radio yourself before you left. This kind of thing is a first sign of starting TLD fever. The gnomes are a myth, of course. Some players claim to have found footprints of the Sasquatch, which might actually be in the game. But gnomes? Come on.

8 hours ago, Khan_Drichthyes said:

Wouldn't they only work during auroras?  Oh, no!  It's the "corpses"!  They're deactivated synths!!!

You know what, I never considered the corpse at the top of the stairs as the culprit. I was leaning toward the gnomes theory, but now I'll have to take a closer look at my roommate. He's usually so quiet and well behaved.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived