Create an TLD forum app

BESt

Well, it is not totally related to the topic of this sub-forum, but I would love to have an app for the TLD online forum. I understand that it would be a lot of hardwork behind it, but I think it would worth it. I use the Steam forum more just because it is more accesible than the online forum, and from what I've recently heard, discussions on this forum are less toxic and more constructive than Steam. What do you think?

4 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

I've been able to log into the forum from my phone's browser just fine.  The mobile view works quite well.

True, but for older phones with less memory, mobile browsers can lag, horribly at times. I have a relatively new Android phone, lots of memory and storage. But accessing Steam forums via browser sucks the life out of my phone, and page loads take forever. While using the Steam Mobile app, I have faster loads, and faster navigation. And the way it is set up to access each area, neatly, on the left side of my phone screen, feels "prettier" and easier to find what and where I want to go, than the standard client layout in a browser. It might not be faster for some, but... we love our apps these days. I think if it isn't overly labor intensive to create a simple mobile app for the forums here, it's worth Hinterland looking into. A Twitter and Steam forums poll ( a linked strawpoll or Survey Monkey poll, perhaps), to gauge interest in an app?

I hate to say ti but if it was set up similar to the Steam Mobile App, I would install it in a heartbeat, to be able to check in here without using Chrome on my Droid. 

I sometimes use the forum on the phone's browser, it works fine as long as I don't try to write something, at that point it starts to lag like Will carrying 56kgs with two sprained ankles. If I want to post via smartphone I use the notepad and copy/paste.

Archived