scent change in Vigilant Flame?

grepdashv

After the update, I loaded up my saved game from yesterday and noticed that I now have a [1/3] scent profile where I was at [0/3] before.  The only scent-inducing items that I'm carrying are two pieces of fresh gut, which resulted in [0/3] previously.  Does some item now give scent that didn't before?  Did the scent level for fresh gut increase?  Is the indicator just different now?

Fresh guts gave off scent before the update. However, if I recall correctly, one or two guts were not sufficient to produce the frist "scent bar". Interesting to hear that has changed - either the "bar" has been set lower for the first bar to appear (excuse the pun), or the guts' scent production has been increased. I'll test that out a little over the weekend. Maybe other TLD scientists will contribute to researching this phenomenon...

• 2 weeks later...

In terms of wolf behaviour, I've watched a wolf take interest because I'm carrying any amount of gut or meat and loose interest when I drop it. So my experience matches the advice I see in this forum - any meat is scent, even if the bars don't show it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived