Will the new update affect the current save files?

thekillergreece

I saw a post were HL said they see no reason this should affect our saves. The only thing that might play up might be the pots and pans so I'd leave them alone just in case. However I expect they will be force re-spawned for the purposes of the new mechanics.

15 hours ago, cullam said:

I should also point out, in case this is what you meant by your question: Current saves will not be wiped, but the new region and features will be available in your current saves, once the update comes out. 

Would it affect the new objects locations though? If I only opened Mystery Lake and then the update comes, will the regions I didnt explore yet randomize the pot (cooking items) locations or only in the new region?

They've only had one save wipe that I remember and they gave us a warning much in advance. It was a long enough time for me to reach the 200 day mark for an achievement that they got rid of in place of 500... They didn't warn me about that... 

Anyways, I'm sure any save wiping would be shared in the dev diaries. I always start fresh anyways to make sure the gameplay is the smoothest.

It tends to depend on the nature of the update. Like, when they added skill books, you'd want to go around re-exploring everywhere, because although all the stuff you'd picked up before would still have been taken/moved/whatever, you would now find skill books in all the old places you had previously explored. Same with when whetstones were new, etc. So it depends on what's being added. If you now need to use the pots and pans you find around, it wouldn't surprise me if they made them re-spawn, as some of us might have simply scrapped them all, since they had no use. 

Archived