Rope Burns - Reaching Timberwolf Summit Without Using Ropes

Ice Hole

Have you ever wondered if Timberwolf Mountain Summit could be reached without climbing any ropes. 

The path is difficult but possible.

Some early recordings of the attempt.

The Plane Boss. The plane.

REDACTED

Secluded Shelf Shuffle

REDACTED

Just Us Rabbits

On The Edge

The first recording of summit success without using any ropes.  At the end I remove the rope with a smile on my face.

More to come.  Stay tuned!

9 minutes ago, Alaqella said:

As a proud member of a TLD Climbing Club, I applaud  you, but I'm afraid that with a video such as this, we are to be expected a big rock appear to block that path in the next patch :)

Ahh but there is more than one path.

To all members of the TLD Climbing Club

I encourage you to give this a try.  Knowing there is a solution to a puzzle always makes it more interesting.

Additionally there is a case of Summit Soda for the fastest climber and
a case of Beef Jerky for the best yodeler.  :)

36 minutes ago, private duksworth said:

nice that must of taken a lot of time good on ya

I posted about this nine months ago and I remember it was not that long.  The toughest part was when I did make it to the top the first time the OBS was not installed and I could not retrace my steps.  After that I started to run OBS.  If you watch the video there are moments I am unsure of which way to go.  I stop at a ledge and play the tune knowing the rest of the way is easy.

I have wondered about if the developers would block access.  Honestly this was loads of fun for me solve and I hope the devs would encourage this type of exploration.  I am thinking positive because of the mention of experimenting with climbing options in the dev notes.

13 hours ago, Farrgin Ice Hole said:

I posted about this nine months ago and I remember it was not that long.  The toughest part was when I did make it to the top the first time the OBS was not installed and I could not retrace my steps.  After that I started to run OBS.  If you watch the video there are moments I am unsure of which way to go.  I stop at a ledge and play the tune knowing the rest of the way is easy.

I have wondered about if the developers would block access.  Honestly this was loads of fun for me solve and I hope the devs would encourage this type of exploration.  I am thinking positive because of the mention of experimenting with climbing options in the dev notes.

Keep us up to date bud!

My general method of attack is to summit regular style and then got to the very bottom...where you first mount the rock face since for me that's so pixel perfect and hit and miss annoying to get up...and then make my way up using the regular mount. Using this method I get to the Sheltered Shelf as I call it every time. It's from there that my exploration is generally less fruitful.

But I'm not stopping.

Brilliant climbing & exploration, +1. I hope the devs won't block those hidden paths - thorough exploration should be encouraged. Also only the most astute and diligent players will find such passages.

5 hours ago, Hotzn said:

Brilliant climbing & exploration, +1. I hope the devs won't block those hidden paths - thorough exploration should be encouraged. Also only the most astute and diligent players will find such passages.

thanks. 
This path is not really a short cut and is quite difficult especially when you are in the dark and misstep.  This can however gives the player a choice to take.  Rope or dangerous climb.  When you have an injury or tired but still you need to push on to the summit post haste, then the climb is the only option.

The best part about knowing this path is on an interloper TWM start where I was successful in making the summit (hacksaw was aboard the plane) directly from the starting position.

I might stream this tonight or tomorrow.  Then post the video on YT.

On 5/6/2018 at 6:28 PM, MarrowStone said:

Im not very acquainted with streaming so I cant say but that is quite strange

It seems this happens to new users now. 

It is some sort of mysterious profit scheme developed be non surface dwellers.

Their plan as I understand it:

Phase1 Bots take over variations of new Twitchtv accounts

Phase 2 ??????????????

Phase 3 Profit

Archived