Beautification and burial

palbi

Hi,

The game is getting better and better, but I still miss some things from the beginning.

1. Smoke coming from chimneys are not pretty at all. The smoke effect of a campfire is great, something similar should be made here too, not that single "line".
2. I really would love to see more houses in the style of Hunting Lodge (BRR), the so called log house.
3. Making clean-up in houses. I really hate the mess e.g. in Camp Office (ML), a 4-6 hours clean-up would solve this, and the floor and shelves could look like they did many-many builds before. :)
4. And finally the human corpses, my longest awaited wish. It would be a nice addition to make a burial. And also practical, to be honest.

Thanks for your attention.

Go on Hinterland! :)

Smoke - I liked the look of the game as it was before the graphical updates re. power lines everywhere etc. Probably part of the reason I always end up on TWM! Smoke from chimneys is part of the old look that I love. Like the water colour painted hills in the distance it's an impression of life that walks the line between reality and cartoon. Plus, practically, my machine barely runs the game now, higher default graphics may be too much! ;) 

Cleaning up - In line with my comments above re., reducing graphical clutter, I'd have to agree with your idea here. I've often wished for the same thing.

Burial - Yeah, neat. There could be an achievement linked to this act re., 'Gravedigger' or 'Reaper's employee of the month'.

Nobody's burying anybody in TLD. Winter burials only became a thing after the invention of digging machines powered by steam and then diesel ICEs. Before that, there was a funeral and the bodies were stored above ground in a mausoleum and buried in the spring.

Have you tried digging in frozen ground? It's basically impossible. No burying bodies for the same reason nobody's building a root cellar for food storage.

No burial, but a way to clean up the house from dead bodies be appreciated. I know this isn't the game for children, but my 10-years old nephew got interested in how I play this game. I gave her a try. Have to say dead bodies were upsetting her overall, but not as much as a dead body in the mystery lake house. She first asked if it's possible to move the body away, and then told she isn't going to live there.

I'm not as sensitive as my little nephew, but even I feeling discomfort from having to sleep with dead corpses and being able to do nothing about it.

Archived