most essential addition to the game

ben91

more than anything else, this game desperatly Needs mod-support!!!

personally i could only enjoy the game after an update for a couple of hours before i started to think about how many Things in this game Need to be reworked or added, and everyone i know who Plays the game had the same experience.
It is just no fun at all to Play a game that only uses a fraction of its potential and constantly have to think about improvements and additions that would make the game so much better and more enjoyable, while you are playing.
for examlpe, the custom Settings were a much needed Addition to the game, but even there you realized pretty fast, that they have to be reworked and Extended in order to provide a longterm incentive to Play the game.
just take a look at the insane amount of awesome ideas/improvements/balances/additions/reworks in the wish-list category that would make the game so much more enjoyable  and fun  for every Kind of Player.
Personally I, and i know that a LOT of other Players who like the game feel the same, dont want to wait a couple of months for the developers to implement maybe 1or2 of These improvements every update. This is simply not enough for many Players.

Not only are mods a good way to make the game much better, an active modding community does also help to Keep a game alive and attract more Players to a game and helps to enjoy a game much more. Personally i think the sooner you will provide mod-support for the game, the more it will help this game in General.

so pls Hinterland Studios, give the Players the opportunity to help you improving the game, because like i said....there is a good number of Players in this game who want to Play the game but dont enjoy it at all in the current state.

I think mod support could be implemented in two phases:

1. Mark-Up language (XML?) support to modify all existing game parameters for your survival runs --> Vanilla modding

2. Mod Support to allow Community Productions to enter the game --> Advanced modding / Player created content support

Vanilla modding would be the first great addition to the game. And it would keep content creators somehow occupied for long enough to actually have enough time to add support for player created content. I think mod support will come after Wintermute has been finished...

11 hours ago, private duksworth said:

in past interviews hinterland have stated that the customisation was added to tide people over till they add mod support. so the mechanic is in progress

well, it is very sad. i really want to Play the game but like i said it is absolutly not enjoyable atm with all the flaws and constantly having to think about how good the game could be.

On ‎19‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 7:42 PM, Cr41g said:

I have no problem enjoying the game....guess its all in your level of expectation... I am on my third attempt at 500 days...currently at day 140....and not bored

well, dont you also have some Things that bother you while you are playing and you wish you could Change it ?

i could immidiatly think about a dozen of Things i would Change to make the game more realistic and fun as soon as it becomes much easier to re-write gamefiles.

Archived