Jackets and coats with hoods

Supermarioman1

On 19/02/2018 at 12:25 AM, private duksworth said:

same the hood could maybe be worn to warm you up but could restrict your view so you would have to balance wearing the hood and using you full field of vision. maybe we could have a button to toggle the hood

Excellent suggestion, and good for immersion !!! Upvoted ! Throw in an animation for putting the hood on/off, and that's perfect !

On 2/18/2018 at 3:25 PM, private duksworth said:

same the hood could maybe be worn to warm you up but could restrict your view so you would have to balance wearing the hood and using you full field of vision. maybe we could have a button to toggle the hood

I was thinking about this earlier today. This is a fantastic idea.

I personally have to nix this idea. It sounds great from a player perspective, but from a game mechanic point of view, it would require that you occupy one of the head slots when you "put the hood up". There's realism and then there is game balance. From a game balance perspective, a two slot item may be possible to code, I would find that it takes away from one of the challenging aspects, which is finding proper head gear to prevent frostbite. The addition of a two for one clothing item would decrease the value of head gear, and thus change the game balance significantly.

So i should rush round and rip off the hoods on all my jackets because i should only have 2 slots. I don't know about you but my hoods tend to just stop wind, if i want a warm head i put a hat on as well. why cant there be a jacket head slot ? Game balance, so how about just using up one of the head slots if you put your hood up !

Archived