Clothing Decay

PlayerM32

The mechanic for item decay is very good except when it comes to clothing that is stored. I can understand a certain amount of wear and tear on items worn both indoor and outdoor but when an item is stored inside a container like a locker there should be almost no Decay if any. I’ve left items in a locker to come back and get them at a later time and found they were ruined although I can still harvest them for cloth I would like to store some items around the area in case I get into a scuffle and lose a glove or a hat or something of that nature need it replaced when I’m far from base. 

I think this mechanic is frustrating when you work so hard to get gear and you want to save a few choice bits and pieces and have them stored in a cash far from base. 

Anyone else run into this issue or am I just nitpicking ?

The items I’m storing are in Moderat to poor condition, I didn’t think they would degrade being clothing inside of lockers so I wasn’t too worried about him at the time. Currently my game is it 196 days. Guess I’m gonna have to go and use some sewing kits or  fishing line to patch things up a little bit higher. Now if I can just remember where I stored everything

On 2/1/2018 at 6:59 AM, happybjorn said:

I don't think it's nitpicking and agree somewhat (my dislike of the item decay system is much stronger).

As alternative options they could make it so that ruined clothing can be repaired, or so that the player can just craft it.

This.. i think it was suggested before to make it a tier 5 skill..  nothing sucks more than being in interloper and having your toque mangled by a wolf beyond repair.  and since theres no craftable headgear..  SoL

I've got stuff I tossed into a drawer decades ago that's still in good shape.  I also have stuff that's a hundred years old, most of that is not in such good shape, but depending on the cloth and how it was stored some of it, particularly the heavy linen, is still actually useable.  So I find the rate that clothing decaying in drawers to be odd.  But then I find the inability to take a scarf off of a hook and use it as a scarf to be odd too.

11 hours ago, Jolan said:

But then I find the inability to take a scarf off of a hook and use it as a scarf to be odd too.

Realistically, this could be applied to most things in game (if you're freezing, instead of ripping up some window drapes, use it to cover some exposed body part, etc.) but there are always limitations on what game studios can do.

Archived