Yay new changes in the last four months!

Thrasador

So about four months ago I got sick of waiting for the flare cache bug in the story mode to be fixed, and I just quit playing and dropped off the face of the earth.....

I just got done reading the 10 or so change logs that I mssed and I almost blacked out due to sheer joy....

Specifically:

They added moose!

I can craft a moose bag accessory item that lets me carry FIVE WHOLE EXTRA KILOS?!

Worn clothing weighs 25% less?!

THANK YOU SWEET BABY JESUS !!!! Now I can carry more stuff! I'm sooooo happy!

Also, it sounds like disappearing stuff dropped in certain buildings (like the farmhouse inPV) may have finally stopped disappearing! That's great!

Are there customizable difficulty settings too?!

I'm still holding my breath for more clothing item crafting in general....like options for crafting most clothing slot items out of several or even ALL the different animals.....instead of just one animal for specific slots....but it's a start!

Maybe someday cured hides will finally weigh less than fresh wet hides too! That would rule, and make sense! Then ctafted clothes could weigh less too!

I am almost motivated to play again! Even if it's just to see how much gear I can carry now.....

7 hours ago, Thrasador said:

Maybe someday cured hides will finally weigh less than fresh wet hides too! That would rule, and make sense! Then ctafted clothes could weigh less too!

This makes perfect sense.  Perhaps a good WishList forum idea?

Then again, if we wanted to apply this principle to other items, clothes should weigh more when frozen/wet...

13 minutes ago, Prestermatt said:

I thought they already did.  Am I mistaken?

You are not. Wet and frozen clothes weight much more.

And I dont agree with that, in particular, being a good idea. The clothes are, obviously, very heavy and limiting. to make sure they are not the best in comparison to other clothes. If they were made lighter then they are, people wouldnt search for better clothes, they would simply wear full-on craftable ones. Considering crafting clothes is not that difficult... not the most balanced idea. I like the fact that the crafted clothes are heavier.

Besides, if I recall it correctly, wasn't there a change that the clothes being worn now appear lighter then they are in the inventory? That's a pretty powerful buff in the first place.

10 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

I was aware of the recent change to make worn clothes lighter than those in inventory, but was not aware of the wet/frozen clothes weighing more already.

They do....

I found this out the hard way when I filled a car trunk up with clothes outside the CH gas station in the game six months ago when I was playing....

I went back after a couple days to get the stuff and the weight limit for the trunk was in red, because the clothes had become wet and frozen and then weighed more than the trunk could normally hold....

Needless to say it then took me two or three trips to get everything out of the trunk.....

What I absolutely love most of the recent changes is the custom difficulty setting because it allows me to change many things of the long dark towards the game that I prefer to play. It's like modding light.

I for example like to put item decay to low, because what always destroyed immersion most for me is the thought that I needed to avoid touching stuff when scavenging because my anti midas touch would turn everything into garbage over time and good play according to game mechanics turned into a spreadsheet game where you needed to remember where you left things for use later on. Pilgrim's low decay with other difficulty settings high? Just great!

I also change the wolf behavior a little because the way they are implemented was too much of a zombie survival game for my taste, I prefer less frequent attacks but extremely harsh fights when they do. 

And I disable auroras because they are just the ultimate zombie game addition. They are beautiful though, I wished we could have an option to enable these without the green zombie wolves and without the electricity reconnect, which both also destroy immersion for me.

Next please: A real modding API!

On 1/2/2018 at 7:37 PM, kensey said:

What I absolutely love most of the recent changes is the custom difficulty setting because it allows me to change many things of the long dark towards the game that I prefer to play. It's like modding light.

I for example like to put item decay to low, because what always destroyed immersion most for me is the thought that I needed to avoid touching stuff when scavenging because my anti midas touch would turn everything into garbage over time and good play according to game mechanics turned into a spreadsheet game where you needed to remember where you left things for use later on. Pilgrim's low decay with other difficulty settings high? Just great!

I also change the wolf behavior a little because the way they are implemented was too much of a zombie survival game for my taste, I prefer less frequent attacks but extremely harsh fights when they do. 

And I disable auroras because they are just the ultimate zombie game addition. They are beautiful though, I wished we could have an option to enable these without the green zombie wolves and without the electricity reconnect, which both also destroy immersion for me.

Next please: A real modding API!

I agree with your comments and suggestions....

I especially love your Aurora setting idea:

Aurora Frequency settings.....as is.

Aurora effects on wildlife:   on/off

Great Idea!

Basically allow occasional beautiful auroras and their electronic effects, without crazy mutant wolf and bear (and moose?) attacks....

Archived