Literally _stuck_ at Carter Hydro Dam, please help!

MP-Fin

Hello!

I am a new member here, but I have been playing TLD on the xbox one for about a year. Mostly been browsing the forums, but now I had to make an account to ask for help.

I am literally stuck in between a railing and some junk at Carter Hydro Dam, and I can't get out. I tried putting my bedroll down on the walkway, and then sleeping, hoping to wake up not being stuck anymore but that didn't help. I made a YouTube video about my situation, if anyone has any suggestions as to what do, they would be greatly appreciated. I wouldn't ask if the current character was new, obviously.

If he went to sleep, it saved.

There are places you can fall into in the dam that you can't get out of. If you think about it, this is not unreasonable; busted up industrial sites are dangerous. The save scenario you're in (i.e. you slept so now the game has saved with you stuck in there) means that I'm afraid your character is probably doomed to die of thirst. 

When something like this happens, do NOT sleep. Eat the lost day's play and reload.

4 minutes ago, stratvox said:

If he went to sleep, it saved.

There are places you can fall into in the dam that you can't get out of. If you think about it, this is not unreasonable; busted up industrial sites are dangerous. The save scenario you're in (i.e. you slept so now the game has saved with you stuck in there) means that I'm afraid your character is probably doomed to die of thirst. 

When something like this happens, do NOT sleep. Eat the lost day's play and reload.

Ah, I missed that detail in the first message. Thanks for the heads up @stratvox

@MP-Fin I would recommend contacting support@hinterlandgames.com with your video and the details of this location, as we'll likely want to look into these kinds of issues anyway going forward.

1 minute ago, stratvox said:

He said *in his post* that he put his bedroll down on the walkway and rested hoping that when he woke up he'd be on the walkway.

I'm gonna go with his account over yours.

Yes, I simply read over it and missed the detail before responding - it happens sometimes! Thanks again for pointing out my mistake. 

4 minutes ago, stratvox said:

He said *in his post* that he put his bedroll down on the walkway and rested hoping that when he woke up he'd be on the walkway.

I'm gonna go with his account over yours.

I am blind. That's it I'm never responding to anything ever again. 

Not really, but Right now im just disapointed in myself

Hey Patrick, how are ya?

I don't know that that's an unreasonable behaviour for the game. I mean... like I said, busted up industrial sites are dangerous. It's completely reasonable to have the possibility of the player getting pinned by falling with falling debris and then dying of thirst/hunger etc. It's not like that kind of thing hasn't happened before irl. I had that happen to me too in pretty much that exact location. I ended up burning the save (didn't really feel like watching Will die of thirst/starvation).

Yep, there are slow motion sure thing death traps in the game. Teaches one to watch where one puts one's feet :D

14 minutes ago, stratvox said:

Hey Patrick, how are ya?

I don't know that that's an unreasonable behaviour for the game. I mean... like I said, busted up industrial sites are dangerous. It's completely reasonable to have the possibility of the player getting pinned by falling with falling debris and then dying of thirst/hunger etc. It's not like that kind of thing hasn't happened before irl. I had that happen to me too in pretty much that exact location. I ended up burning the save (didn't really feel like watching Will die of thirst/starvation).

Yep, there are slow motion sure thing death traps in the game. Teaches one to watch where one puts one's feet :D

Doing alright, thanks for asking! :coffee:

In terms of these environmental details, we'll want to keep tabs on where issues with traversal arise, as they are part of, and affect, the gameplay experience for players. 

Hello everyone and thank you for the responses.

I can't believe how stupid I was when I tried the sleeping bag trick, I should've just loaded the most recent save! Now this playthrough is ruined because of my stupidity! I am going to however contact Hinterland as suggested, and show them the video and explain my situation. 

Well, time to start a new game again :) 

Thank you everyone for the responses once again, good to know I can come here with a problem (or just to talk) and have a good conversation.

Wish you all good times with the game!

2 hours ago, MP-Fin said:

I can't believe how stupid I was when I tried the sleeping bag trick, I should've just loaded the most recent save!

Or you could just press quit and continue and you would start from when you entered the Dam :o.

But s*** happens, i died after 25 in-game days, by sleeping outside without a fire going, so i froze to death, i should have know better, but i wasn't thinking, so the only thing i could do was to start a new game and learn from my mistake :D.

6 hours ago, MP-Fin said:

Hello everyone and thank you for the responses.

I can't believe how stupid I was when I tried the sleeping bag trick, I should've just loaded the most recent save! Now this playthrough is ruined because of my stupidity! I am going to however contact Hinterland as suggested, and show them the video and explain my situation. 

Well, time to start a new game again :) 

Thank you everyone for the responses once again, good to know I can come here with a problem (or just to talk) and have a good conversation.

Wish you all good times with the game!

Eh, don't be too hard on yourself. Accidents happen. 

Archived