map starting zoom

tsrs

Personally, I don't find it necessary - I think that for people, using the map as a tool, it is better to start zoomed in. This shows up all the resources on the map, rather than just "locations" highlighted on the map. And it can actually be easier to navigate where the player is, by comparing the resources shown on the map to the resources and landmarks around the player. Just my two cents ^_^

4 hours ago, Mroz4k said:

Personally, I don't find it necessary - I think that for people, using the map as a tool, it is better to start zoomed in. This shows up all the resources on the map, rather than just "locations" highlighted on the map. And it can actually be easier to navigate where the player is, by comparing the resources shown on the map to the resources and landmarks around the player. Just my two cents ^_^

HA! We don't often see eye to eye, but on this, I couldnt have said it better.  8 times out of ten, when I open my map, it's to see whats nearby, or to make sure what I'm seeing has been properly rendered in the map.  To get an idea of direction based on something close by, or to check if something I'm using as a landmark or line of sight is lined up witha secondary reference, and I WANT it already zoomed in. It only takes a second to zoom in or out, but this game constantly makes you feel as though every second counts like no other game Ive ever played.  (I suppose thats exactly why the OP wants it zoomed out, LOL!)   

6 hours ago, danille said:

How about a "you are here" icon?

Hinterland specifically did not add that, because they don't want players using the map as a GPS.

(Mind you, there is a mod which, among other things, can add a "you are here" icon. The mod reportedly can be a little buggy, though.)

Archived