still no Aurora 175+ days

KinoUnko

just how rare is it? Does the game have to be started after completing episode 1 & 2? Current sandbox game was started before I did story. maybe that's why?

on unrelated notes... ran into a wolf in the larger cave on NE end of Desolation Point, the one under waterfall. Is that normal?

and, maybe I been playing too much, I'm pretty sure I heard voices in one of the coal mines, the one that runs across Desolation Point. Didn't catch what was said, but it sounded helluvalot like a person talking, not whispering, not the normal background hum, rock tumbling, water dripping.

14 minutes ago, Simone Else said:

up untill patch nine i had them on almost every night (unless poor weather)  since patch 9 i have had none.  so maybe they broke it again 

They made it harder to get. I have had it every night. Glad they fixed it. 

41 minutes ago, KinoUnko said:

just how rare is it? Does the game have to be started after completing episode 1 & 2? Current sandbox game was started before I did story. maybe that's why?

I quess you can't get aurora in sandboxes that were created before wintermute.

I can say after Wintermute that I just about get it every night. It doesn't automatically starts at dusk though, there are times I've woken up before the sun and it's happening. They have lasted sometimes until dawn breaks, can tell because of the the lights and the window light mechanic. But it happens quite often, it's actually more the norm to have the lights, rather than not having them. All of my play Throughs though have been new since Wintermute.

some of the new sound effects of been really creepy. The sound of the trees moving near the trappers cabin  really are freaky. And they are very close to reality from having lived in or near the woods for a while. 

I'll have to listen for the cave voice. There was a thread either here or on steam about someone hearing voices with the sound all the way off. can't wait to run through the cave and freak out upon hearing voices

5 hours ago, KinoUnko said:

on unrelated notes... ran into a wolf in the larger cave on NE end of Desolation Point, the one under waterfall. Is that normal?

Some people call him Scruffy... The only remaining indoor wolf, now that Fluffy has been removed. Shoot him with the bow, you won't lose your arrow. He's got nowhere to go...

Archived