When were the "abandoned camps" removed?

TROY

15 minutes ago, TROY said:

There used to be a couple snowshelters called "abandoned camp" in the southeast portion of FM. They are gone now.  Are they random? Were they removed? Anyone know the specifics of this?  

I'm pretty sure they were removed.  I think one of the hunting blinds is gone too. 

8 hours ago, Timber Wolf said:

I'm pretty sure they were removed.  I think one of the hunting blinds is gone too. 

I wasn't ever aware of more than the two blinds, and they are both still there. There are a couple caves down along the southern boundary that I don't remember as well, so it seems the map has in fact changed.  

In my mapping sandbox created in Update 6, I have an Abandoned Camp.  I've seen it in 3 different places over the months since FM was released, but I can't remember ever finding more than one.  In my current sandbox it's 

ashore from Low Blind

There are a couple caves down along the southern boundary that I don't remember as well, so it seems the map has in fact changed.  

Those have always been there.  I've used them a lot over the months.

I'm not sure which one you consider closer. Low blind seems further away to me, but would take less time to travel between the two. At any rate, yes, I visited them both last night to investigate a suspicion about a problem with faithful cartographer achievement. That's also why I was specifically trying to find the two locations named abandoned camp and why I'm curious when they were removed. If their removal was recent, it may be what's causing the cheese to not trigger. If they were still there when FC was implemented, and are now gone, we can't map them, and can't get it. 

I think there are at least three locations where I have seen the abandoned camp spawn on FM, but toartas map has another marked location in it as well where I havent seen the camp yet, and the two others I saw are missing from them: I also believe there is always just a single one spawned in a game. I consider it a sort of a "preppers cache" of the FM - as the loot has been different at each of the locations. 

The locations I know spawn the abbandoned camp: 

-Southeast-eastern part of the FM, it is on an easier path from ML towards the homestead. There is a path through rocks where you can find processed food and flare lying in a path, and a human corpse spawns there as well. The camp itself spawns on a small clearing right next to this stone path. 

-One spawns on the bear island just north of the homestead. The only way to get there is to cross over ice or by coming from the train tracks south of the low blind. You can follow river there and there will be a cliff over your head (you can find hunter corpse with rifle on that river) - the camp itself is somewhere up on top of that cliff - you can get up there by going next to the bear den.
-another one I saw spawned somewhere in a mid-northern part of the map, in a forest. It is below the shortwave radio tower, south east east from it.

Each location has different loots to it, which makes me believe it is a sort of Preppers cache random location for FM.

Archived