The Knife

nicko

Apart from the knife you start with are we supposed to get another or find another in EP1 or EP2? cant seem to find any.

seems I haven't had a knife for ages, since the original knife broke early in EP1. Just been using the axes for everything.

ah just seen a post about another knife here, so I guess we do get one after a while in story mode. nice. seems a bit late in game though.

They added a knife to Episode 1. Did you break the knife @nicko or the metal shard?

There's a proper hunting knife near one of the supply caches in Milton kinda. If you explore you will find it. It wasn't in the original release of Wintermute though, they added it in one of the patches, but you had to start over after patching for it to appear....

somehow I ended up with 2 knives from Jeremiah (assuming its a bug) I got high trust early on and he gave it to me and then I noticed I had a duplicate later after finishing his storyline so I left one behind. I never found another one before that so I was stuck with the metal shard for ages.

50 minutes ago, DaveMcD said:

somehow I ended up with 2 knives from Jeremiah (assuming its a bug) I got high trust early on and he gave it to me and then I noticed I had a duplicate later after finishing his storyline so I left one behind. I never found another one before that so I was stuck with the metal shard for ages.

Hey what are the stats on that? I can't find em on the interwebz yet, does it weigh less? Decay slower? Do more damage to wolves? Anything you can glean from the description?

8 hours ago, nicko said:

Apart from the knife you start with are we supposed to get another or find another in EP1 or EP2? cant seem to find any.

seems I haven't had a knife for ages, since the original knife broke early in EP1. Just been using the axes for everything.

ah just seen a post about another knife here, so I guess we do get one after a while in story mode. nice. seems a bit late in game though.

Found no knife at Milton?

Episode-1 : behind grey-mothers house leads a way up to the radiotower. Started 4 runs, every run there was a hunting-knife near a corpse. Later at Mystery-Lake you can find another one.

Hint: The "knife" you pulled out of your hand, is downscaled and loses his points much quicker than the huntingknife. Using a whetstone on it, is wasting the whetstone.

6 hours ago, DaveMcD said:

I found a knife in eps 1. In eps 2 I found two more knives, plus also got two superior knives from Jeremiah as well, and I still had the metal shard. I ended up having more knives than any hunter could ever dream of.

Archived