i think ill wait before playing anymore of this game

Simone Else

before the wintermute update i really didnt notice any bugs in sandbox mode, not really any glitches or if they were its pretty minor and i dont even remember them.

i finished the story mode and then decided to begin a new sandbox and my lord so many bugs.  items just vanishing is my main irritant right now because i lost lots of key items.  

i just walked my ass from mystery lake, looting everything of value from the dam and camp office (mostly food and tools and clothes) so i trek to my house (farmstead) and i get in side and start off loading all the things onto the floor in the kitchen, (my food) and then walked out on the porch to drop my skillbooks that i found because thats where i readthem.  i walk back inside the house an all of my food is gone.  all of it.  like a big fucking black hole swallowed it up.  i also lost in a different pile in a different room my flashlight and my stack of medicals stuff.

when this update first released it was happening but i thought you guys fixed that by now since theres 4 patches out.  so,,,,please fix this FOREVER and then put it into the patch notes.  

yes i can just use containers but i dont like it because on the floor in piles, i can easily see what the food is and eat what i feel like eating.  instead of clicking a container then grabbing the food out then opening my inventory then eating it.  i like to just pick it up and eat it.   

this is on pc version not console in case that matters.  

1 minute ago, Hawk said:

I've gone back to playing V-4.26. There's still plenty of enjoyable hours left in it for me. :)

How does one go about rolling back the game to a prior version? Had I known how to do this, I may have done so already. My problem is I play on Steam with a controller, and if I play in offline mode for whatever reason my controller tweeks out and doesn’t work right...

The only way for me to play without updating was to stay in offline mode. Once Steam sees the update for this game you HAVE to update it. It won't let you start the game without updating it. So I feel I was pushed into updating with no other choice.

If you have a workaround for all this, I would love to know about it...

4 minutes ago, Hawk said:

I bought TLD from GOG so I have all the old versions from the time I bought it (V-3.93).

I remember reading about a way to go back to earlier versions with Steam, either on the Steam forum or on Reddit. I just did a quick look but I can't find that post now.

Ok, well thanks for replying! Unfortunately I don't have an older physical copy....oh well :/

Archived