PS4 - Game save gone. Spoilers for episode 2.

3 minutes ago, novascotiapower said:

Installed the latest patch and downloaded my crashed save (near the end of episode 2) from online storage. No luck, looks like it is corrupted. On my USB drive I had backed up a save from the beginning of episode 2, that one worked. At least I don't have to start from the beginning. Here is my question though: is the game "safe" to play right now? I'll have some time on Sunday, and I would like to play, but not at the risk of a corrupted save for the third time. If anyone has any info, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Personally, I trust in what Hinterland has done to fix it, so I'm giving it a try in a long sandbox run. To me, there is some evidence that the game has been fixed. Before this patch, whenever I would leave a building, the game would freez/pause for a quick second. Sometimes it resulted in a crash immediately after. Now that pause/freeze up after exiting a building isn't nearly as noticeable/long. It looks like the "killing" code/process has been removed/fixed. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/16/2017 at 1:00 PM, DogFoodEaterPs4 said:

Yeah, I can't get enough. what can I say? Glutton for punishment. 

The Donner Party. LOL. Cannibalism vs Deer Meat. Tough choice :huntingknife::D.

Good luck out there!

Good News - I managed to reload my save from the trappers cabin and so far - everything has been working well.  Its the start of episode two but I do have all my gear from episode one.  Thank you hinterland!  Be cool and stay warm out there

5 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

We've had some encouraging signs that V1.11 has indeed stabilized game saves on PS4. If you do run into issues, however, please report them here as that will help us immensely. Thanks again, everyone, for your understanding as we've worked on this problem. 

Hi Patrick.

Milton ran like butter. There was a graphical glitch leaving. The open door office just before the climb down was translucent (close to picnic area). It was like the walls and interior were set to 30% transparent. I thought at first it was the state of my condition... Not in game.;)

Ep2. Good so far. Heading out after risk of infection mission completed.

1 hour ago, DogFoodEaterPs4 said:

Hi Patrick.

Milton ran like butter. There was a graphical glitch leaving. The open door office just before the climb down was translucent (close to picnic area). It was Like the walls and interior were set to 30% transparent. 

Ep2. Good so far. Heading out after risk of infection mission complete.

Thanks for checking back in on your progress, we appreciate it! :coffee:

On 16/08/2017 at 0:06 PM, Frosty said:

« [...] Leaving your starting region and entering an undiscovered main map region seems to be the culprit. The game cannot maintain the memory of your save progress once you start manipulation of items in the new environment and when you load up your file the next time it will be gone everytime [...] »

You are probably right because I never lost a save till the begenning because I never quit Mystery Lake. 1 day before the 1.11 update I travel for the first time on an other map (coastal Higway) and I lost for the first time my save. 

I know that this is frustrating, but, I want to say that the game is worted... Patience players !

20 minutes ago, TheGoldenFox1968 said:

You are probably right because I never lost a save till the begenning because I never quit Mystery Lake. 1 day before the 1.11 update I travel for the first time on an other map (coastal Higway) and I lost for the first time my save. 

I know that this is frustrating, but, I want to say that the game is worted... Patience players !

Sorry to hear you lost progress, always be sure to backup your profile and save data prior to leaving your starting region to avoid restarts. But having tested this issue extensively on ps4 on Survival mode I can confirm that 1.11 has resolved the issue for now. Wintermute may still have issues idk I am not restarting the story again for some time, I am continuing to test on my current playthrough and have left start region many times to the other areas with no data loss. Stay Frosty out there B|

Thank you Frosty. Yeah me too I'm waiting to start the story mode ! I'm sure it gonna be amazing but I will not take the chance to lose any other new save ! I restarted a new survival game and i'm much better at the beginning that the last time, so my journey gonna be mutch easier this time (cool stuff). I hope that the next update will not erase again our new progress. And I saved on the cloud my last lost save, so if they could make compatible our last uploaded saves it should be nice for a lot of rage quitting player ! 

On 8/16/2017 at 0:06 PM, Frosty said:

Leaving your starting region and entering an undiscovered main map region seems to be the culprit. The game cannot maintain the memory of your save progress once you start manipulation of items in the new environment and when you load up your file the next time it will be gone everytime.

D'oh, I reported this bug in the bug tracker thinking it was BECAUSE of the 1.11 update, but what you said is also absolutely true in my case. The last thing I did was leave Mystery Lake, and upon starting up the game the next time (after the 1.11 update on PS4), the save was simply gone. Well, I wish I could delete my reported bug, then, since it's not actually relevant anymore...

1 hour ago, WanderingPalm said:

D'oh, I reported this bug in the bug tracker thinking it was BECAUSE of the 1.11 update, but what you said is also absolutely true in my case. The last thing I did was leave Mystery Lake, and upon starting up the game the next time (after the 1.11 update on PS4), the save was simply gone. Well, I wish I could delete my reported bug, then, since it's not actually relevant anymore...

Ya sorry to hear that, the same issue among my psn friends and myself occurred which made me test it as much as possible. Thankfully the Hinterland team are on it and hopefully this won't occur ever again as 1.11 has been solid so far 

MADE IT! 

What a ride. Awesome story and I am glad to be moving on to survivor for a while. 

Make sure you hit the elevator button at the dam (you can hit it anytime). I think end game event is stalled if you don't. I don't want to spoil anything but hit the button. 

My run was completely fresh after 1.11. I had to start over numerous times but it was worth it in the end.

Good luck out there survivors! I wish you long lives.

@Patrick Carlson. @Raphael van Lierop. Thank you for your responses and addressing all our concerns. I can't wait for ep3.

Long live the Long Dark!

Just found some time to try out the new 1.11 patch and as it turns out my 75-day game has been deleted/corrupted. @Patrick Carlson now how do I go about getting a refund, there is literally no way I am going to waste the time to redo 75 days of survivor for a game that is likely to crash again and again. This launch was terrible.

3 hours ago, iciRellik said:

Just found some time to try out the new 1.11 patch and as it turns out my 75-day game has been deleted/corrupted. @Patrick Carlson now how do I go about getting a refund, there is literally no way I am going to waste the time to redo 75 days of survivor for a game that is likely to crash again and again. This launch was terrible.

Sorry to hear that @iciRellik. Feel free to send us an email at info@hinterlandgames.com. 

On 8/24/2017 at 0:46 PM, TheGoldenFox1968 said:

Hi, 

Anyone had tested since the 1.12 update if we can reaload our last saves ? I cannot test without overwrite my actual save...

STILL not working. I lost all my progress in episode 2 (was returning with the rifle) after doing this update. Decided I'd start 2 again, and exited to make sure it saved my game - it did. I played for about 2 hours, just went to load it up again, and it's GONE. Only my old saved game from episode 1 shows.

Seriously!?!?

Archived