PS4 - Game save gone. Spoilers for episode 2.

Loving the game. Now I am a little crushed. My game save is gone.

Put the last of the required deer meat in Jeremiah's bin then walked directly into the house. The game Paused at the door opening sequence, I then got the blue screen crash. Went back into the game and all progress gone. I can start episode 2 again from the start but of course with none of the gear I had collected. 

Hope this helps.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just updated to "1.06 (32319) debug" (per the home screen) on PS4. My save files are gone and when I go to "upload/download saved data" for the game it starts me back in ep1 on a save from 5 days ago. I was on ep2 doing the hunting/clothing/food mission. What am I supposed to do? I really don't want to start over from basically the beginning. 

Oh man that's not good. I made up mind that I'm pushing forward. Playing episode 2 with no equipment. Just going to go looting. I hope the hunting knife is on this map. Going to finish ep 2 and jump into survivor.... I hope. I will post if I make it.... Wish me luck. Fluffies everywhere.

I have also lost my save - during the fishing mission - this needs to be fixed - I could deal with the crashing every 20 minutes but if its going to delete save files - then this game is broken.  Which is sad - 'cause its super cool.  Also - there is a hunting knife in one of the fishing shacks - and a hatchet next to the stove at the camp office.  I found it - and then it crashed...and all was lost 

37 minutes ago, waterloo33 said:

I have also lost my save - during the fishing mission - this needs to be fixed - I could deal with the crashing every 20 minutes but if its going to delete save files - then this game is broken.  Which is sad - 'cause its super cool.  Also - there is a hunting knife in one of the fishing shacks - and a hatchet next to the stove at the camp office.  I found it - and then it crashed...and all was lost 

I must be in some kind of game limbo. No knives or hatchets there. If you decide to start an episode 2 new game it would be great to know if they are there for you..... Am I just wasting my time? I just want to see the end. Lol.

Maybe nothing is fixed in the game world location wise? - but it was there in my old game, fire log on one side of the stove - hatchet on the other.  Camp office near the ice fishing lake - if the save games can't be restored - i think i'd rather start over from episode one.   

One more same here. First time was on the fishing mission. Blue screen, restart, no save game. I could restart Ep 2, but with no gear. That time I didn't even make it back to the fishing quest. Blue screen at one of the location transitions. Now all progress is gone, even the Ep 2 checkpoint. I'll have to start from the plane crash.

This game is so fun, but I really don't want to redo all that work for a third time, you know? And I know the story, so it'll feel like a slog to do those quests again. :(

Well bad news. I powered through the fresh ep2 start. Finished the hunting mission this time. During game play patch 1.07 was downloading. It crashed after I shot the bear and left forlong muskeg. 1.07 installed, I shot the bear again and left forlong successfully. Then finished the hunting missions. Was about to start fishing mission and called it quits for the night. Fired it up after work and my fresh ep 2 game is gone...lol. I have deleted everything and started fresh. Played through all episode one tonight..... Again. Third time starting ep 2. By Zues' beard I will finish this damn episode!!!

On August 9, 2017 at 6:22 PM, waterloo33 said:

Maybe nothing is fixed in the game world location wise? - but it was there in my old game, fire log on one side of the stove - hatchet on the other.  Camp office near the ice fishing lake - if the save games can't be restored - i think i'd rather start over from episode one.   

The hatchet was in the camp office(my bad). But no knife in the huts. Anyways I lost everything again. Deleted and started a new game from scratch. Just in case anyone is interested. Started over after 1.07 patch and not a single crash in Milton. It did crash once leaving the cave to start ep 2. I had to walk through the cave again. I love this game.

I've lost three game saves now.  Your patches erase my data every time. 

My story was lost due to bluescreen when walking from forlorn muskeg back to mystery lake when I was returning to Jeremiah. My second was day 28 bluescreen deletion. No biggie, I'll start again. This file just occurred and bluescreened me to update to patch 1.08 and deleted my save file. On day 58. That's 86 days I've been alive just to have the game corrupt. Cool Story. 

Started playing this morning just fine (1.09 downloaded while playing), FINALLY got the rifle and my character is stacked, ready to murk some wolves...I slept and saved game and restart to install update.  BAD IDEA because the update deleted my god damn saved game, 15 hours of hoarding lost.  I'm so freaking pissed off.  I'm not buying anymore content from this bunch of clowns, fix your sh*t!!!!

Note I can still see save data but something's fubar in the game...

I'm not a developer or a programmer and I'm sure this has been considered but it's like the game doesn't recognize or update the save files when a patch occurs. Could it disappear because it's not tied to the newest patch? 

I could be dumb on this but I just want to play the game. #deathbybluescreen

Archived