Never ending fog. Maybe a bug?

Mixxut

I am normally playing Wintermute, and suddenly fog rolls in. No big deal I just wait it off. It has been now 3 days (and nights) foggy and the vision is awful. What is this??? This is unplayable! I like this game but it clearly doesn't ilke me.

3 minutes ago, Mixxut said:

I am normally playing Wintermute, and suddenly fog rolls in. No big deal I just wait it off. It has been now 3 days (and nights) foggy and the vision is awful. What is this??? This is unplayable! I like this game but it clearly doesn't ilke me.

Sometimes you have to have the guts to play through it. I've had a ton of fog in Ep 2...all over certain areas...in the end I had no choice but to play through it. Such is a good thing to learn not to be afraid of playing in the fog.

look on your map and it will show the possible bear locations. I've played through the story mode twice and both times the bear walked the same route.

Trappers Cabin>Over hill from Trappers on the way to unnamed pond>Frozen Creek>Railroad by camp office>Loggers  area>Clear Cut

He takes awhile to show up at Loggers area because he runs around near derailment for a long time.

I'm at the same point, last shot him at the derailment, had fog for 5days now. Seems like its triggered for last bear encounter. Which I find ridiculous, I love this game and have over 400hours experience. But this is just getting annoying. I cant see more than a few meters, and have just went around every possible spot.

But how the hell am I supposed to spot a bear I that kind of fog. Completely breaks immersion as I know fog never laststhat long in game.

so its just a mechanic to make it difficult for the sake of being difficult. I mean its bad enough for me, and I know every inch of ML so can travel about in any weather, however I feel sorry for newer players and can see a lot of people rage quitting at this point.

Also can someone at hinterland comment on wether this is intended/ a bug?

Yeah, it's intersting that they are like: "So now you know the mystery lake. Congrats, you have been here for 4 days. You're ready.  Now go kill a bear in horrible fog and don't get mad if he isn't in the location where is supposed to be! We are gonna continue ignoring you! thank you bye!" I have played sandbox quite a long time, but In a fog wondering around trying to find a bear that isn't anywhere? No thanks.

53 minutes ago, sierra 117 said:

I'm at the same point, last shot him at the derailment, had fog for 5days now. Seems like its triggered for last bear encounter. Which I find ridiculous, I love this game and have over 400hours experience. But this is just getting annoying. I cant see more than a few meters, and have just went around every possible spot.

But how the hell am I supposed to spot a bear I that kind of fog. Completely breaks immersion as I know fog never laststhat long in game.

so its just a mechanic to make it difficult for the sake of being difficult. I mean its bad enough for me, and I know every inch of ML so can travel about in any weather, however I feel sorry for newer players and can see a lot of people rage quitting at this point.

Also can someone at hinterland comment on wether this is intended/ a bug?

I agree with you. Could you please info me if you find that bear? I don't want to give up at this point

36 minutes ago, Mixxut said:

I agree with you. Could you please info me if you find that bear? I don't want to give up at this point

yeah I found him at the clear-cut area, eventually.

It was pretty scary , I guess that's why they added the fog.

I just think they should have made sure that last encounter before the fog happened in a narrower part of the map/ somewhere where it would be less likely for you to go wandering off the wrong way.

like the lake trail, at least would have funnelled you toward the lake/hunters blind area

if you last shot him at the derailment he'll be at the clearcut/potentially the logging cabins.

Happy hunting. :fire::flaregun::huntingknife::fire::coffee:

FINISH HIM!!!!:D

Wow....scripted fog...what cheese. In Sandbox I typically sleep off fog because you really have no bearings  (no pun intended ) in fog. Is it the super bad fog where you have about three feet of visibility....or the slight fog where you can see about 100 feet?

8 minutes ago, sierra 117 said:

yeah I found him at the clear-cut area, eventually.

It was pretty scary , I guess that's why they added the fog.

I just think they should have made sure that last encounter before the fog happened in a narrower part of the map/ somewhere where it would be less likely for you to go wandering off the wrong way.

like the lake trail, at least would have funnelled you toward the lake/hunters blind area

if you last shot him at the derailment he'll be at the clearcut/potentially the logging cabins.

Happy hunting. :fire::flaregun::huntingknife::fire::coffee:

FINISH HIM!!!!:D

I searched the clearcut. Nothing. I searched around it. Nothing. When you arrived at the clearcut where he was? Did you need to go far? I haven't searched around the logging cabins, where they are?

8 minutes ago, Mixxut said:

I searched the clearcut. Nothing. I searched around it. Nothing. When you arrived at the clearcut where he was? Did you need to go far? I haven't searched around the logging cabins, where they are?

The clear cut is in the north west area of the map. Travel a little south to get to the mountain barrier of the clear cut that has the path up to the lookout. Don't go up the path though, keep going East keeping the mountain and hills to your right. The blue trailers will be in a clearing on the right near around the middle of that section of the ML map....

Just now, Thrasador said:

The clear cut is in the north west area of the map. Travel a little south to get to the mountain barrier of the clear cut that has the path up to the lookout. Don't go up the path though, keep going East keeping the mountain and hills to your right. The blue trailers will be in a clearing on the right near around the middle of that section of the ML map....

I'll give it shot. thanks!

Thank you for this topic - I was doing pretty well on the bear hunt, got to 5/6 but it was late in the day and then the fog rolled in. I slept the night at the logging camp but it was still foggy the next day.  I waited most of the next day, but I was running out of food and didn't fancy a bear hunt in zero visibility so I headed back to the camp office where all my spare stuff is stored, got lost on the way back, but somehow managed not to bump into any wolves, and eventually found the train lines, and navigated back to the camp office from there.

I've been there for 3 days now, doing a blind man impersonation out to the ice-fishing huts a couple of times to keep my food stocks up. Knowing that it's actually a cheesy as #*&^ scripted weather at least lets me know I'm wasting time waiting for it to clear, but I am not looking forward to trecking half way across the map with no visibility, and I'm not exactly pleased that my automatic reaction to weather that's too bad to see in (that I'll put off hunting for another day) is actually supposed to be a bad thing in this case!

If you want to script the weather for an encounter, how about you set its parameters to be just that encounter and the surrounding area? - The save game trigger point could also trigger the fog rolling in, which would also mean that you'd maybe just get an idea of where the bear is before you lose it in the fog. That way you get to have the scary atmospheric encounter without messing up everyone that reaches that point in the encounter and needs a break, and people like me don't assume it's just normal bad weather, and end up wasting lots of time and resources.

Archived