No caches

Trixie

4 hours ago, Trixie said:

I have made about 15 new sandbox game for ML not one of them have the Cache near Office 

Random numbers are.... well, random. YMMV.

For the record, I saw my first cache in that location just two days ago, in a new game I started. (tip, if there's no corpse in the Camp Office, there's a better-than-usual chance (still not 100% though) that the cache will also be nearby.

I have found maybe 4-5 caches and I'm on sandbox 68. With that being said, I didn't actively hunt all the spawns, but I have looked for the one across from the Office, since that's the "weapons cache" and its easy to get to.  I found one on the current play through, Voyager ML start, at the top of the rope near the fishing cabins, western access. I've climbed that one a lot, but this is the first cache there. No weapons, some food/water, bedroll, lantern, couple of nice jackets, couple of medical items. Just an FYI, because I've thought, this must be a rumor about cache's myself at times. RNG must be pretty low. I think I was watching a GELtaz video in which he went to each cache, thing is there was no mention of how many new games that took, or I didn't look for it. I think I thought it was all the one run when I first started playing. I was like "a rifle and Mukluks to start" and I climb up there to find a whole lot of nothing. Don't know what the spawn rate is per game start. Whiteberry made some excellent maps if you want to forgo the find them on your own way of playing.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JAFO said:

Ahh.. the "Medical Cache".. Congratulations!

Thanks! Whatya mean by "medical cache?" I'm guessing they're always the same when they spawn? Bummer, wish I found a different kind. I almost never need meds. I've brought cowardice up to a new level you see.

9 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

Whatya mean by "medical cache?" I'm guessing they're always the same when they spawn?

Cache contents are determined by the particular location they appear in.. they all have a range of items, but with one primary focus. To quote from the wiki:

There are six identified types of bunkers. Each type stockpiles large amounts of a particular group of items as well as fewer amounts of miscellaneous items.

• Food bunkers primarily contain processed food and drinks.
  • Medicine bunkers primarily contain artificial medicine and first aid items.
  • Weapon bunkers primarily contain a hunting rifle with ample ammunition.
  • Clothing bunkers primarily contain quality clothing such as coats, sweaters, boots and the like.
  • Firewood bunkers primarily contain fuel, tinder, and ignition sources for fires.
  • Tool bunkers primarily contain tools used for crafting and repairing items, and chopping firewood.

If y'all are talking about the "prepper cache" or bunker, as its often called, there are numerous locations that it can spawn. There is almost always one in ML and one in PV. Just because you dont find it near the camp office doesnt mean its not there. There are 7 or 8 places it can be in ML, and even more in PV.

32 minutes ago, TROY said:

If y'all are talking about the "prepper cache" or bunker, as its often called, there are numerous locations that it can spawn. There is almost always one in ML and one in PV. Just because you dont find it near the camp office doesnt mean its not there. There are 7 or 8 places it can be in ML, and even more in PV.

Thanks for the reminder.. I was thinking I was in another thread where those details had already been mentioned.

^Yeah, what he said guys..  Always one, and only one, in one of 9 possible locations in ML, and always one (plus a permanent fixed-location one), in one of 9 possible locations in PV.

(yes, I'm just as surprised at how many locations there are in ML as you are..but I counted 'em all twice)

Archived