XBOX Patch 1 Is Now Live!

Raphael van Lierop

• Hinterland

Dear community,

We're happy to announce that Patch 1 for Xbox is finally live! This patch brings the Xbox version number to: version 1.0 (32178)

Changelist:

• Widespread fixes for crash mitigation; the Xbox One version should be more stable now.
  • General optimizations.
  • Players should now be able to transition from the end of Episode One and start Episode Two with accumulated gear intact.
  • Various fixes and general cinematics polish.
  • Various improvements across all missions.
  • Various fixes to Bear Hunt mission.
  • Fixed issues with Chapter headings in Episode Two displaying incorrectly.
  • Fixed issue with random respawning in Mystery Lake after Bear Hunt completed.

### END OF PATCH NOTES ###

We're continuing to fix additional issues as quickly as we can. We've just submitting another Patch to Microsoft that includes all the fixes we've made since the last Patch was submitted to Microsoft for review. We hope to have Patch 2 out some time next week.

Thank you for your patience.

- The Hinterland Team

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this also include the "Improvements to checkpointing to help avoid getting into a low-Condition death spiral" that were in Patch 1 for pc ? A friend of mine got in to trouble because of the this. Would be nice if she knew this could not happen again. Thanks. :)

Edit: Also did the sleeping bag get added to the first cave ?

1 hour ago, johnny solo said:

I'm still getting kicked out of game when leaving buildings after latest patch, cheers....love this game!

Same thing happened to me, but when I looked to see what my game build was at, it didn't actually update for me yet. Strange, cause im in Canada, and it's after noon now.

12 hours ago, JoeyRevolver187 said:

Same thing happened to me, but when I looked to see what my game build was at, it didn't actually update for me yet. Strange, cause im in Canada, and it's after noon now.

In Canada here as well. Ill have to check tomorrow after work. Hoping that it has updated by then

BTW, big shout out to Hinterland staff for being relatively speedy with all the patches. This game is like a drug and I need my fix. Thanks!

22 hours ago, JoeyRevolver187 said:

I didn't see that it had updated until Saturday morning...

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:45 AM, johnny solo said:

I'm still getting kicked out of game when leaving buildings after latest patch, cheers....love this game!

yah still crashing when leaving buildings in wintermute chapter 1 town after updating & removing/reinstalling the long dark. hope this get's fixed soon because I'm kinda going to hault my progress until it's ironed out so i  don't have to start over again.

11 hours ago, Name62 said:

yah still crashing when leaving buildings in wintermute chapter 1 town after updating & removing/reinstalling the long dark. hope this get's fixed soon because I'm kinda going to hault my progress until it's ironed out so i  don't have to start over again.

I've done a hard reset, kept my finger on the button on the console until it turns off then pull power cable out wait about 20 seconds then press console button a few times then power cable back in and restart.... so far this has worked for me it haven't crashed for a few hours.

17 hours ago, Koenig Midas said:

Despite the 4gb update on Saturday morning, my game is still not on 32178(upper left in main menu). Also clearing the Xbox cache didn't sort this. The game keeps on crashing in story mode, it is unplayable. Any suggestions?

the only thing I can think of is to uninstall game and reinstall it, i know its a pain but might aswel give a try if nothing else works :peaches:

Glad in away that I'm not the only one with this issue. I only brought this game on Friday, and have been told that it should have an up date. I've checked the build and it's still the old version. I have also restarted, power cycled and reinstalled game but with no joy. Ive been told that there is a possibility that I could lose all game progress if I carry on playing, is this true?? If so I would appreciate an ETA on a fix, as I have clearly brought something that doesn't work. I would except this problem if the game was in preview program or a beta, but I've brought this game under the impression that it was a finished game? 

7 hours ago, MRBROWN33 said:

Glad in away that I'm not the only one with this issue. I only brought this game on Friday, and have been told that it should have an up date. I've checked the build and it's still the old version. I have also restarted, power cycled and reinstalled game but with no joy. Ive been told that there is a possibility that I could lose all game progress if I carry on playing, is this true?? If so I would appreciate an ETA on a fix, as I have clearly brought something that doesn't work. I would except this problem if the game was in preview program or a beta, but I've brought this game under the impression that it was a finished game? 

It should all be fixed up man. Just finish Episode 1 and hit resume. If it takes you to episode 2 then you're gold. If not, then there is an issue.

I was unable to move on initially, but now I am good to go. I didn't even realize my game had updated because ive got my xbox set to automatically update and keep games and apps up to date. 

42 minutes ago, Citizenfour said:

It should all be fixed up man. Just finish Episode 1 and hit resume. If it takes you to episode 2 then you're gold. If not, then there is an issue.

I was unable to move on initially, but now I am good to go. I didn't even realize my game had updated because ive got my xbox set to automatically update and keep games and apps up to date. 

I have auto up date on as well, but this hasn't made any difference. If would be nice to have some feed back from the devs about what is going on and if they are awear of the issue 

4 minutes ago, MRBROWN33 said:

I have auto up date on as well, but this hasn't made any difference. If would be nice to have some feed back from the devs about what is going on and if they are awear of the issue 

They've stated in previous topics/threads that they were aware of the issue and were working on a fix. Then the patch was released and it fixed it (for most people anyway). 

You never said, are you finished Episode 1? No sense in getting too worried if you aren't finished yet. Your progress will only disappear if you hit "New" and then go to episode 2. If you hit resume, it should just automatically load up Episode 2 if you have finished 1. 

It's still crashing for me, even after the patch was applied. It's a great experience up until you reach the town of Milton, and then the game randomly kicks me out when leaving a building. Think I'll wait until the next patch is released; do you have an ETA, please?

On 05.08.2017 at 8:35 AM, Raphael van Lierop said:

Dear community,

We're happy to announce that Patch 1 for Xbox is finally live! This patch brings the Xbox version number to: version 1.0 (32178)

Changelist:

• Widespread fixes for crash mitigation; the Xbox One version should be more stable now.
  • General optimizations.
  • Players should now be able to transition from the end of Episode One and start Episode Two with accumulated gear intact.
  • Various fixes and general cinematics polish.
  • Various improvements across all missions.
  • Various fixes to Bear Hunt mission.
  • Fixed issues with Chapter headings in Episode Two displaying incorrectly.
  • Fixed issue with random respawning in Mystery Lake after Bear Hunt completed.

### END OF PATCH NOTES ###

We're continuing to fix additional issues as quickly as we can. We've just submitting another Patch to Microsoft that includes all the fixes we've made since the last Patch was submitted to Microsoft for review. We hope to have Patch 2 out some time next week.

Thank you for your patience.

- The Hinterland Team

• I know that I write the wrong topic , but Raphael don't be sad ) , little did the world of people who are eternally dissatisfied ) , personally I still like it ) , and I want to tell you not hang your nose ) , and continue in the same rhythm , everything will be fine ).

I'm still showing v. 1.0 (31946) on Xbox One. I have reset the Xbox, I have turned the power off via the powerbar, and it has not as yet started an update to (32178) I've finally made it to Milton on my third or fourth attempt while in the pitch black, starving, freezing, <10% condition, and pretty much lost. I arrived by sheer luck. I don't know if I could do it again. I'm getting kicked out of the game when changing cells occasionally. I want it to stop, for the sake of the children who hear me screaming blue murder when it happens. Do you think I should erase the game, then download it again? For now I'm going to cycle the power again and apologize to the kids. Thank you.

2 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

I'm still showing v. 1.0 (31946) on Xbox One. I have reset the Xbox, I have turned the power off via the powerbar, and it has not as yet started an update to (32178) I've finally made it to Milton on my third or fourth attempt while in the pitch black, starving, freezing, <10% condition, and pretty much lost. I arrived by sheer luck. I don't know if I could do it again. I'm getting kicked out of the game when changing cells occasionally. I want it to stop, for the sake of the children who hear me screaming blue murder when it happens. Do you think I should erase the game, then download it again? For now I'm going to cycle the power again and apologize to the kids. Thank you.

Same here. Under manage game and "updates" theres nothing. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

• Hinterland

I'm not sure what to offer about patches not downloading -- this is something you may have to take up with Microsoft as we have no control over their patch servers. We put the patch in, they approve it, and once it's approved, it gets pushed out. It sounds like you have already tried power cycling and other actions that tend to sort these things out. If you are in a valid territory, you should get the patch.

Archived