XBOX Patch 1 Is Now Live!

Raphael van Lierop

2 hours ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

I'm not sure what to offer about patches not downloading -- this is something you may have to take up with Microsoft as we have no control over their patch servers. We put the patch in, they approve it, and once it's approved, it gets pushed out. It sounds like you have already tried power cycling and other actions that tend to sort these things out. If you are in a valid territory, you should get the patch.

Tried power cycling and looking under the updates tab in "manage game" but no luck :( im mostly upset because the game is just soooo damn cool and fun!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

For those who haven't been able to download the Xbox patch, can you tell me what territory you are in? This might reveal a pattern that would make diagnoses with Microsoft a bit more fruitful.

I'm in Toronto, Ontario. I had a problem downloading Wintermute as well. It wouldn't update until I performed a soft reset on the Xbox. It still didn't update until I started the game itself. There have been other games that have had this problem. Come to think of it, it was also a Canadian Developer. I guess The Yanks are still pissed about whole 1812 thing...

Just for the sake of being able say that it's been tried. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game does sweet frak all. Well it wastes 45min. and 8gb of bandwidth. I feel like I should go rock back and forth. Maybe do some chanting. Ooh! Get drunk on a Thursday night and yell at the neighbors! Yeah! Beat up their husky just a lil bit, just for a taste of payback. 

I'm really starting to hate Xbox... Bill Gates is murdering Will XVI. Well Bill Gates', crappy updating system is murdering Will XVI.

In the past for certain games if you preformed a hard reset on the Xbox One first (holding the power button for 10 seconds) the update would start after you launched the game.  I tried it, no luck I'm still running v1.0 (31946).  I'm located in the USA (CST if it matters)

Great game.

Edit: realized my comment might appear as sarcastic, its not.  An issue with the update process is annoying when there are game limiting bugs present, but I'm sure this will get resolved.    TLD truly is an excellent game and I look forward to all the monetary  success it brings you (so you can hire more developers, to give us more content!)

United Kingdom here . Same problem no patch! 

I love the game but story mode just doesn't cut it at the mo, wolves and bedroll are my problems, right after the second cave there is a wolf who always attacks no matter what I do either sneaking past it or throwing a lit torch at it which results in loss of trousers and 10% health then hypothermia sets in so return to cave for five hours of heat but then exhaustion has kicked and no way to sleep so stagger to the road and the first car only to be mauled by the same ruddy wolf resulting in game over every time I try it.

i have given up entirely on story mode .

returned to sandbox it's far more superior and enjoyable please release more maps for sandbox .

I'm in Ontario, Canada and the revision still shows 31946 with no pending updates. Interestingly when I go to manage game it shows last update August 5 but the update has not been applied.
I purchased this game shortly after the XBOX preview release and have played more than any other game I own so entirely playing with house money so to speak. Very happy to continue playing Sandbox until this is rectified.

My build still says 31946 as well.

US region (CST if that matters).  Possibly of interest as well, around 3:30am on Saturday (#dontjudge) an update for long dark appeared in my download queue. It was 4gigs, if I remember correctly. It download. Said it installed. I launched it, and the build still listed 31946.

Iv'e tried soft reset, hard reset, uninstall and reinstall. Still lists the build as 31946. Then I went to bed. (That didn't work either, incidentally)

Sandbox still works like a can of dusty peaches, so it's all good as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure you'll get it sorted soon.

23 minutes ago, Fluffy's Lunch said:

...and the revision still shows 31946 with no pending updates. Interestingly when I go to manage game it shows last update August 5 but the update has not been applied.

I just verified mine is similar.  In game it shows I am running v.1.0 (31946) Release.  Unsung the Xbox Manage application The Long Dark is showing as 7.3 GB, Last Played: 8/10/2017, Last updated: 8/5/2017.  Nothing in "Ready to Install", and nothing in "Updates".

Is it possible the 8/5 update went out and was applied, but the developer used the incorrect version number to be displayed in game?  Or was the 8/5 Update some mix-up with the submission process and just the same old 31946 that was re-applied?

• Hinterland

Hello all -- we've just been investigating the issue.

We suspect what may be happening is that the Patch is downloading correctly, but that we didn't update the version number information correctly. So, in this case you would have the most up to date version of the game, but it would still look like you had the old version.

One of the things we fixed in the latest Xbox patch was the transitioning from Ep1 to Ep2 retaining your gear correctly. If you are able to do that, then you are on the most up to date version.

Can anyone confirm whether the Ep1 -> Ep2 transition works correctly on an Xbox build that has the 31946 version number? If we can confirm that, it would help prove this theory.

Sorry, but it's your job to confirm. That's what we all paid you to do, and you failed miserably by releasing a game that was in principle great but is crashing all over the place along with carrying a ton of other bugs, even during basic gameplay. What puzzles me is that MS/Sony actually allowed such a low-grade product into their store.

• Hinterland
Just now, chrischris said:

Sorry, but it's your job to confirm. That's what we all paid you to do, and you failed miserably by releasing a game that was in principle great but is crashing all over the place along with carrying a ton of other bugs, even during basic gameplay. What puzzles me is that MS/Sony actually allowed such a low-grade product into their store.

Understood. We're just trying to confirm what is actually on people's systems, which we cannot do unless they tell us.

Yes, I am running build 31946.  I installed the update the other day and I was able to keep my gear heading into Ep. 2.  

Still dealing with the random dashboard crash when entering buildings.   Also just noticed my rifle cleaning kit disappeared out of my inventory, while at the Lodge.

Love the game!  I have been playing since January.  Thanks for all your hard work Hinterland, keep it up!

• Hinterland
Just now, Plankeye101 said:

Yes, I am running build 31946.  I installed the update the other day and I was able to keep my gear heading into Ep. 2.  

Still dealing with the random dashboard crash when entering buildings.   Also just noticed my rifle cleaning kit disappeared out of my inventory, while at the Lodge.

Love the game!  I have been playing since January.  Thanks for all your hard work Hinterland, keep it up!

Thank you for confirming. So it sounds like you have the most up to date current version, despite what the version number says.

We have another CU (Content Update, i.e. "patch") in MS cert right now and are waiting for it to be released. It contains many fixes including the crashing. We'll update you all on that patch as soon as we hear more news from MS.

Wish I could, but the current build whether or not it's updated is continually booting me out and going to dashboard. It seems to only happen when changing cells in Milton. I don't know if it's because I'm changing cells more frequently or the region, but Milton is where I started to notice it.

8 minutes ago, chrischris said:

LOL You want to talk about 'low-grade?' Spend $100 on Mass Effect: Andromeda and see how happy you are then. Triple A title from a *cough* triple A developer and MS AND Sony are still pushing it in the store. 

28 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

LOL You want to talk about 'low-grade?' Spend $100 on Mass Effect: Andromeda and see how happy you are then. Triple A title from a *cough* triple A developer and MS AND Sony are still pushing it in the store. 

But upon release were you able to play Mass Effect without being "continually booted out and going to dashboard?"

Archived