Climb/ mantle button

Cbarre23

New to the game and loving it, but can get very frustrating when you can't climb a 10cm step. Like others, I have had to back track and waste precious time, temp, and calories to get around a log or something that's mostly buried in snow and should be easily stepped over. Other than that I have zero complaints about the game. 

Yea, some sort of vaulting over small obstacles would be great, but I guess that could be a bit difficult to add with the clipping and all.

Basically, I am in favour. But I agree with Ross Bond, I don't think jumping would be a good idea. Also for "scaling" reasons, it could open up a new set of jumping paths when it comes to scaling rocks around the map, it could give the devs a headache to get rid of them all.

I really have no problem with it. If I need to get somewhere essential I will be able to get there without having troubles with too many obstacles by sticking to paths (which makes it far easier to navigate) . The only time I ever need to go cross country is if I am in an emergency or I am trying to reach an obscure corpse. 

Jumping definitely would break the game if implemented without changing stuff around. I've already gotten stuck once just by walking in between two rocks, but I can only imagine what will happen if jumping is implemented. Plus, realistically jumping all over the place would cause you to sprain your ankle so many times. 

A simple climb hotkey would be cool, for small ledges (10/20cm). I really don't find jumping that necessary as well and I agree it wouldn't be realistic at some point due to the amount of cloth and equipment the character usually carries. :)

Archived