STEAM: Patch 3 for The Long Dark is Now Live!

Raphael van Lierop

• Hinterland

Just wanted to get another small round of fixes for you before we call it a night.

Patch 3 for The Long Dark -- This patch updates the game version to v.103 (32306)

This patch is currently for Windows only. Mac and Linux are on the way.

WARNING: There may be Story spoilers in these notes.

Changelist below:

* Tuned Antiseptic so that one dose is sufficient to treat Infection Risk.
* Added missing audio for picking up Astrid's Hardcase on Day 4.
* Added additional checkpointing in Ep1 and Ep2.
* Cinematics polish.
* Additional optimizations for performance and memory use.

We're continuing to fix additional issues as quickly as we can. Thank you for your patience.

- The Hinterland Team

### END OF PATCH NOTES ###

• Upvote 4

Thanks for the speedy patches, @Raphael van Lierop!

My only concern right now is future patches continuing to mesh with save games from the very first day.

I started my game the very first day, and I would very much prefer not to start over because my current playthrough is corrupted in some way after all these patches...

This does NOT appear to be the case yet, and I hope that trend continues!

8 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

I just got to Grey Mother's house and wish to confirm when selecting dialogue choices after the cut scene, that those dialogue choices are not spoken aloud? Mine were not...is that a bug, or working as intended? 

Working as intended.  

• Upvote 1

Wolves still walk right over lit flares....is this a bug? Am I using flares wrong? Am I supposed to hold the flare or throw the flare?

Also I walked the whole waterway of Milton starting at the bridge and did not find ONE cattail stalk....There were a bunch before town, so I have some....but there's not ANY in Milton?! That blows....

33 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Wolves still walk right over lit flares....is this a bug? Am I using flares wrong? Am I supposed to hold the flare or throw the flare?

Also I walked the whole waterway of Milton starting at the bridge and did not find ONE cattail stalk....There were a bunch before town, so I have some....but there's not ANY in Milton?! That blows....

Ok....so I kind of found some cattails in Milton sort of....not on the river though....

3 hours ago, Quarbani 79 said:

Have any of these patches hit the Xbox yet? Can't believe steam is on patch 3 and Xbox hasn't had any as far as I'm aware

Completely agree, my game has already lost ALL OF my progress so I cant even play until I know I can actually progress through without having to start ALL over again.

• Upvote 1

• Hinterland
5 hours ago, Quarbani 79 said:

Have any of these patches hit the Xbox yet? Can't believe steam is on patch 3 and Xbox hasn't had any as far as I'm aware

The Xbox updating process is, unfortunately, very slow. We're still waiting for the very first update to be out of Cert. We're rolling all these patches into the next one but cannot submit until the first one is through. We're very sorry for the delay. It's frustrating, but there isn't anything we can do about it as it's just how the Xbox update process works.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

The Xbox updating process is, unfortunately, very slow. We're still waiting for the very first update to be out of Cert. We're rolling all these patches into the next one but cannot submit until the first one is through. We're very sorry for the delay. It's frustrating, but there isn't anything we can do about it as it's just how the Xbox update process works.

Are we talking hours, days?? I really am excited to move on to episode 2, (but the game wont let us, because of the issues on xbox)

2 hours ago, Bripea said:

Are we talking hours, days?? I really am excited to move on to episode 2, (but the game wont let us, because of the issues on xbox)

I would pray for days and prepare for weeks. This smells of shoddy Microsoft bureaucracy....

As an angry player feel free to call Microsoft's corporate office to complain, and ask why this process is so slow and tedious....when other gaming platforms are able to receive quicker patches.

Tell them you are planning on no longer supporting their products and gaming platforms, if they can't get their acts together. If that does nothing then I would stop buying XBOXes....and post all over social media why you are boycotting their products.

Of course that is how I roll when frustrated and upset....you could also just wait patiently like a good little consumer and twiddle your thumbs....

Edited by Thrasador