GOT CORRUPTED SAVE FILE AFTER SEVERAL CRASHES

MARRONEY_BR

Me and other 2 friends was playing all night long on PS4 and all of us got several crashes in lots of locations around the map.

Finally it happened when I was passing though a door and got my save file corrupted losing 32 days survived on sandbox mode.

File appears normal on PS4 HDD but it doesn't give me option to load or resume my sandbox game.

Thank you for amazing experience about how to lost 12 game hours in first game day! Lost all encourage to keep playing or even start it again (and maybe same thing happens one more time).

Giving up on this game right now....

IMG_2006.JPG

IMG_2007.JPG

IMG_2008.JPG

Would have been nice to be able to play The Long Dark without downloading the update. I would have preferred to download Wintermute in like a month after it's patched and working as intended. I guess the devs would lose out on all the free beta testing if we all chose to do that though....

Decided to give another chance to the game so I started another sandbox since day 1. Lots of crashes again when suddenly at day 9 I was just walking and gamae crashed one more time. When returned save was corrupted AGAIN and didn't appear to load or resume. 

If you're playing on PS4 Pro you don't need a crash while autosave is running to lost all your progress... it can happens even walking and be the next victim!

NICE GAME... TRASH DEVELOPERS!

Same problem here, game crashed on PS4 after opening a door to a cabin. Blue Screen, restarted the game, can't see my save game file.

Went into Saved Data Management, save file is there, does not appear corrupted (doesn't have the lightning icon), file size is 3.15mb as are all other saves.

Can support address this issue please?

I am reading it, but I have no real power to assist you. Did you file a bug report?

You can try to flag a moderator using the @ symbol and then their name, they may eventually respond when they log on to respond to the forums....

Some popular choices are Mel Guile, Patrick Carlson, and Scyzara....

I am sure the whole Hinterland team is inundated with bugs and requests currently, because the Story mode was just released several days ago and there have been numerous issues across all gaming platforms....

15 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

I am reading it, but I have no real power to assist you. Did you file a bug report?

You can try to flag a moderator using the @ symbol and then their name, they may eventually respond when they log on to respond to the forums....

Some popular choices are Mel Guile, Patrick Carlson, and Scyzara....

I am sure the whole Hinterland team is inundated with bugs and requests currently, because the Story mode was just released several days ago and there have been numerous issues across all gaming platforms....

Ok, so? This game has been in development for so long and it releases broken on consoles?

They shouldn't be this inundated with bugs if they were ready to release a finished product.

The devs charge 46.99 CAD for this and can't deliver a working product? Can't even get a refund on PSN.

HELLO @Mel Guille@Patrick Carlson@Scyzara PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME.

32 minutes ago, stan_marsh said:

Ok, so? This game has been in development for so long and it releases broken on consoles?

They shouldn't be this inundated with bugs if they were ready to release a finished product.

The devs charge 46.99 CAD for this and can't delivery a working product? Can't even get a refund on PSN.

I am not going to disagree with your reasoning. I too would think that after 4 years of development and waiting for the elusive story mode, the final release would be the most polished, most perfectly running, and unflawed piece of programming ever written....

I don't know what to tell you. It would seem no one from the staff beta tested the game from start to finish on all platforms multiple times. It appears we are the alpha and beta testers, as we have been for the last four years...

Typically before a game is released beta testers play the game on all platforms and "TRY" to break the game....

Like, lets see what happens if I loot the whole farm first, before talking to Grey Mother....Lets see what happens if I leave all my belongings on the floor, lets see what happens if I die after harvesting a quest item, etc. You try to prepare and test any possible combinations of variables and see if the quests/game still functions as anticipated.

Admittedly there are a billion different variables, or more, and it is truely impossible to pre-test every little thing a sneaky gamer will try to pull off, that's how people find exploits...

That being said, the fact that it is seemingly IMPOSSIBLE on XBOX currently to transition between Episode 1 and into Episode 2 without starting Episode 2 fresh from the start menu, and starting without any of the gear you collected in Episode 1....makes me wonder if anyone actually played one run of the game all the way through on each platform.

Not catching something that glaring and obvious is a bit peculiar....

Unfortunately despite what did happen, or what any of us speculate, the boat we are in now is the game was released on August 1.... and it is what it is. They have already released three patches in three days, so it appears they are working diligently to fix all bugs as fast as possible. Ideally there would not be this many bugs across all platforms, but it is what it is....

All you can do now is try to be patient and hope whatever is broken is fixed sooner rather than later. If you are not the patient type (I'm not either) instead of just waiting and getting upset over the waiting, try to forget about Wintermute for a week or two. Play a new game, or an old game you know you like already....and check back every so often and see if they fixed it yet. I know that isn't ideal, or fair for a game you paid good money for....but what other choice is there? Getting upset won't fix this problem any faster.

I'll leave you with some Buddhist wisdom I gleaned from the inside of a Drum Tobacco Pouch twenty-someting years ago:

"Desire is the root of all suffering. One who desires nothing, has everything that they want."

3 hours ago, Thrasador said:

I am not going to disagree with your reasoning. I too would think that after 4 years of development and waiting for the elusive story mode, the final release would be the most polished, most perfectly running, and unflawed piece of programming ever written....

I don't know what to tell you. It would seem no one from the staff beta tested the game from start to finish on all platforms multiple times. It appears we are the alpha and beta testers, as we have been for the last four years...

Typically before a game is released beta testers play the game on all platforms and "TRY" to break the game....

Like, lets see what happens if I loot the whole farm first, before talking to Grey Mother....Lets see what happens if I leave all my belongings on the floor, lets see what happens if I die after harvesting a quest item, etc. You try to prepare and test any possible combinations of variables and see if the quests/game still functions as anticipated.

Admittedly there are a billion different variables, or more, and it is truely impossible to pre-test every little thing a sneaky gamer will try to pull off, that's how people find exploits...

That being said, the fact that it is seemingly IMPOSSIBLE on XBOX currently to transition between Episode 1 and into Episode 2 without starting Episode 2 fresh from the start menu, and starting without any of the gear you collected in Episode 1....makes me wonder if anyone actually played one run of the game all the way through on each platform.

Not catching something that glaring and obvious is a bit peculiar....

Unfortunately despite what did happen, or what any of us speculate, the boat we are in now is the game was released on August 1.... and it is what it is. They have already released three patches in three days, so it appears they are working diligently to fix all bugs as fast as possible. Ideally there would not be this many bugs across all platforms, but it is what it is....

All you can do now is try to be patient and hope whatever is broken is fixed sooner rather than later. If you are not the patient type (I'm not either) instead of just waiting and getting upset over the waiting, try to forget about Wintermute for a week or two. Play a new game, or an old game you know you like already....and check back every so often and see if they fixed it yet. I know that isn't ideal, or fair for a game you paid good money for....but what other choice is there? Getting upset won't fix this problem any faster.

I'll leave you with some Buddhist wisdom I gleaned from the inside of a Drum Tobacco Pouch twenty-someting years ago:

"Desire is the root of all suffering. One who desires nothing, has everything that they want."

Yeah but, getting the same problem to happen no matter how many games we start on survival is a MAJOR issue.

I can say that me and other 2 friends spent the last 3 days on PSN chat, playing a combined total of 40+ hours in SURVIVAL split between 20+ different created sandboxes, and all of them were lost due to an unreadable save file.

There is simply no way to progress. We always end up loosing our saves.

Archived