Loving all the new stuff

Quarbani 79

2 hours ago, Tigerskitten said:

And there are prepper cache!!!!

stumbled across one in mystery lake!

❤. ❤ speaking of mystery lake.... holy Mary!

Hmm...I had previously found a prepper cache in the mystery lake region, it was geared towards clothing, and I am wondering if the Prepper caches were altered in any way due to Wintermute. Perhaps tomorrow I will take a look. I was able to find enough items in the carter dam, after having swept it before August, in order to justify going back through it again. I don't quite recall if the dam had a bathroom before the update, but it makes much more sense now that it does. 

I too really liked a lot of the new stuff. It really fills in so much of the blank spaces in the Carter Dam and the cabins. I will note that, what I have seen really does point to the possibility of auroras being visible indoors, what with the amount of lighting equipment. Perhaps this will be integrated in later, or is already in! I do not know. 

My only two gripes about the new items are that some of the new retoolings make things a little weird. In the Carter Dam lower level, there is a microwave that is kinda awkward to look into now, as it opens from the top, and its hard to see if there is a cup of coffee in it. 

My other gripe is that a lot of the new items have a weird look and texture about them that I am not quite sure is consistent with the rest of the world? I don't know if anyone else gets that feeling.

I imagine that many of the new items in the cabins will be featured in the spaces that are similar in the Coastal Highway and/or beyond,  I imagine that we will most likely be given similar warnings about this as each region gets more updates. It will make moving all 90 kilograms of my gear interesting, as I am currently holed up in the Fishing village in the coastal highway. 

20 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

If you find a flashlight keep it...the auroras will power it! And it's a deterrent for wolves supposedly. I found it but haven't tested it yet.

Considering how much I've played so far since Wintermute's release, I doubt that Raph knew what he was saying when he stated that the Aurora would be in Survival Mode. 

I really do not want think that the Aurora is in Survival Mode yet. 

3 hours ago, EricTheGreat12 said:

Considering how much I've played so far since Wintermute's release, I doubt that Raph knew what he was saying when he stated that the Aurora would be in Survival Mode. 

I really do not want think that the Aurora is in Survival Mode yet. 

It is... I've experienced it

4 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

If you find a flashlight keep it...the auroras will power it! And it's a deterrent for wolves supposedly. I found it but haven't tested it yet.

Omgosh, so I'm still in for surprises even after I finish the Wintermute episodes? Yay!

went outside on the first night looking for them, and the second, and the third...Dam is next on my list as I have no rifle yet, been to all the usual suspect drop places mostly, have a few more to scope out.  having the lights flash on when i'm bumping around in the dark is going to totally freak me out! hahahahaha!! Debating on trying out the alleged 50-50 Fluffy spawn in the Dam, or CH and look for a rifle.  Have a bow with one arrow at the moment.  Several new things to see!!!

@Patrick Carlson

10 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Re: seeing the Aurora in Survival Mode (sandbox), chime in if you have seen it and what you think!

I haven't seen it yet. I'm deep in the middle of eps one still and taking my time squeezing every juicy drop from the story. I'm looking forward to it though and I'm saving my sandbox game for afterward.
Can I ask you, if it's not too forward of me...is that a picture of your father or grandfather that you're using for your avatar now? You don't have to answer if it's a personal thing.

7 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

@Patrick Carlson

I haven't seen it yet. I'm deep in the middle of eps one still and taking my time squeezing every juicy drop from the story. I'm looking forward to it though and I'm saving my sandbox game for afterward.
Can I ask you, if it's not too forward of me...is that a picture of your father or grandfather that you're using for your avatar now? You don't have to answer if it's a personal thing.

No, that is me. Do I really look so world-weary? (kidding...)

7 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

No, that is me. Do I really look so world-weary? (kidding...)

No you don't, you look handsome and distinguished in fact, but I thought you had a different avatar before, of a younger guy. My apologies if I offended, obviously you're too young to be a grandfather to that younger guy, but you never know. Some peeps start early :)

1 minute ago, Patrick Carlson said:

The other photo was only two years ago! How does it go? "Time is fire in which we burn..." - Some guy in Star Trek. 

But on-topic - will have to get out in the Aurora a bit more for some R&R!

A little R&R is always good but I think it's just the angle of the newer pic that's throwing me. Anyway, don't work too hard, play is just as important for moral and all that. Even though you must love what you do. My hubby's a union man and is being transferred to a new job tomorrow and so won't be home tonight, so I get to play at my leisure tonight. Maybe I'll find that Aurora soon. Right now I'm busy trying to find that tunnel, lol.

So, I am enjoying storymode too (and also more than I expected).

But I can't wait to go back to Milton on my terms (with bow and arrows to settle account with pesky wolves ...) so I would love to know if Hinterland have an idea of when this could be available for Sandbox (I modified the post because I found out the region past Forlorn Muskeg is already availlable and that's great :p)

Archived