1.12(PC) You Are Missing Loot When Playing Live (or There's Additional Loot Available Playing From Save Data)

selfless

Thanks - If I can't reproduce this with these files then we have to consider that files may be getting locked for some reason (but some of that data will carry over.) I will dig into this a bit and see if we can draw a definitive conclusion one way or another. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Support I just was playing around with my save files and am wondering if the files I gave you are even relevant.

First I deleted the "scene" file for an interior I had already entered and then reentered that building to see if the game would generate a new interior file.  To my surprise, it didn't. Even more surprising, the game still knew where everything was from the last time I had been there.  So I quit out of the game back to windows and restarted.  When I reloaded that game (without any "scene" data for the interior in question), the game again restored it upon entry to the exact state it should have been the last time it was saved.

Curious how many save files were even relevant, I then deleted my entire "local/hinterland" directory while the game was open, then proceeded to transition between many zones.  All of them seemed to be restored perfectly, but displayed an error center-screen worded like "cannot save data - corrupt" everytime it should have saved.  But somehow all the region data stayed in memory regardless of transitions until I quit the game entirely.

Opening the game once more, this time without a "local/hinterland" directory, created one and installed only two files when a new game was started and played: "user001" and "ep1sandbox1".  No saved game sub-directories at all.  Same performance as observed before (restored games have the same loot as live games plus even more).  Saves work perfectly (or at least as expected).

So those files I gave you seem to be irrelevant to the way my system processes the game, even though it was creating and updating them when the sub-directories were still there.  Unfortunately I think I deleted the "ep1sandbox1" file that would have corresponded to the screenshots shared above.  I could create a new save with new screenshots if you think they will help your understanding of what is happening.  Or maybe this save-game-file-strangeness is enough to figure out what's different?  Let me know.

• 1 month later...

I haven't read through every post in this thread, but quite a few.  I cannot reproduce this behavior in the game on any difficulty on pc.  

As for the comments about hands freezing, it's not just hands, it's the head also if you don't have a hat or scarf, and it's not localized to the Riken. I've experienced this in the lighthouse and the whaling building. I was forced to light a fire to alleviate the frostbite risk. 

The opposite of this happens to me. When I save after entering a building. If I quit and reload all the items out in the open stay static (more don't magically appear) and the items I found inside containers....especially locked lockers dramatically decreases.

I have tested this on numerous occasions as I back up all my save games. On my first loot pass through, locked lockers will give me three decent (I don't mean condition) items a piece. If I quit and reload many locked lockers are then empty, along with many other searchable objects. I always save my game after searching a new location before swapping the old save to test this, because if I didn't I would be VERY sad about all the items I lost.

Your best bet if you want the best loot and the chance to get it over and over is to save the game BEFORE you enter the building at all. If you go by the save after you have already entered.....you are screwed....

Archived