Searching time is too slow?

mr_jeremy

I think making searching time a lot faster, depending on what the character is searching, would help improve game-play smoothness and immersion.

In the general play balance searching doesn't really impact any of the stats as it is, but it's lengthy time feels like an abrupt disruption to my immersion in what my real goal in the game is. I get bored taking 10 minutes of real life time to search 25 cabinets only to find 1 granola bar.

I am in a house and searched a ton of things, they averaged between 4-6 seconds per search. In real life I'd probably take 0-1 seconds of analyzing what's in a probably empty dresser. And definitely 0-.05 seconds to analyze what's in an oven, especially when it's usually empty.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an issue that has been brought up many times and I totally agree. This game uses a progress bar to speed up the process of tedious activities such as cooking, harvesting, repairing and crafting, so then why would they use that same feature to increase the amount of time it takes to complete a tedious activity? One second is plenty of time to open a drawer and confirm that there's nothing inside.

It didn't seem like a big deal when I started playing the game over 2 years ago, but it becomes more annoying every single time I start up a new game. For a game that has great replay value this is a HUGE drawback. 

They could try make the time slightly variable downward. But probably they've already tried this and it doesn't work. Personally I find it right the way it is. I absolutelly hated it before interloper when you actually founded a bunch of stuff, now that I found less it's fine for me.

Archived