New dificulty LVL Mazohist

vancopower

A survivable chance. Ok. I decided to try an experiment. I wanted to spawn in DP at least five times, and spawning at both locations at least once. Then see how much game time it took to find matches. It took 16 spawns - DP1 is the one near the Riken and DP2 is near Katies Secluded Corner. Here are the results.

1.  TWM
2.  TWM
3.  PV
4.  TWM
5.  DP1 - 39 mins to find matches
6.  TWM
7.  PV
8.  DP1 - 29 mins to find matches
9.  PV
10. PV
11. DP1 - 21 mins to find matches
12. TWM
13. DP1 - 24 mins to find matches
14. PV
15. DP1 - 29 mins to find matches
16. DP2 - 60 mins to find matches

Granted the matches are not always in the same place but the locations are usually pretty close together. Compensation for this : given the matches and some fuel to make a fire and take a brand - you might be able to find a firestriker inside of another forty-five minutes.

12 minutes ago, mystifeid said:

A survivable chance. Ok. I decided to try an experiment. I wanted to spawn in DP at least five times, and spawning at both locations at least once. Then see how much game time it took to find matches. It took 16 spawns - DP1 is the one near the Riken and DP2 is near Katies Secluded Corner. Here are the results.

1.  TWM
2.  TWM
3.  PV
4.  TWM
5.  DP1 - 39 mins to find matches
6.  TWM
7.  PV
8.  DP1 - 29 mins to find matches
9.  PV
10. PV
11. DP1 - 21 mins to find matches
12. TWM
13. DP1 - 24 mins to find matches
14. PV
15. DP1 - 29 mins to find matches
16. DP2 - 60 mins to find matches

Granted the matches are not always in the same place but the locations are usually pretty close together. Compensation for this : given the matches and some fuel to make a fire and take a brand - you might be able to find a firestriker inside of another forty-five minutes.

I do not understand your statistic, you are saying that on every spawn in DP you ware able to find matches? How? there are so many places to go. DP in not a large map I believe I can cover it in a day in-game time.  Don't give details though we don't want spoilers if you say it is possible I'll believe you on that note I am gonna start a game right now and see what happens once more. Thanks for testing this I appreciate it very much.

32 minutes ago, vancopower said:

I do not understand your statistic, you are saying that on every spawn in DP you ware able to find matches?

Yes.

32 minutes ago, vancopower said:

How?

I'm afraid that I've been there too many times and I know about four locations within about a twenty metre radius to check.

That last one that took an hour required running from one end of DP to the other, into a headwind and  dodging two wolves after spawning an hour before dawn - so there was not much light when I got to the matches.

You should check to see if your brightness is still set correctly from the Options in the main game menu. Somehow mine had reset. It makes a big difference.

2 minutes ago, mystifeid said:

Yes.

I'm afraid that I've been there too many times and I know about four locations within about a twenty metre radius to check.

That last one that took an hour required running from one end of DP to the other, into a headwind and  dodging two wolves after spawning an hour before dawn - so there was not much light when I got to the matches.

You should check to see if your brightness is still set correctly from the Options in the main game menu. Somehow mine had reset. It makes a big difference.

Adjusting brightness  feels like cheating to me I wont do it. If it is dark it should be dark. Not to mention it is hard on the eyes, If that is what is required I won't play interloper at all.

By the way just spawned in DP same story no matches no flares I was lucky no blizzard hit me I was able to cover most of the map. :(

9 minutes ago, EternityTide said:

I was making a joke, but I have managed it. Memorisation of the map and precision mouse/WASD discipline is necessary, until you see the pale light of salvation at the end. It's a skill I learned from the endless times I got trapped walking into a wall in the CHD.

What can I say, you sir have a nerves of steel I can only admire. :)  Although this gives me an Idea but this topic was moved already from the wish list I think I should create a new one.

I believe that there should be a feel mechanic introduced so people can navigate in the dark, In real life you can do that and guide yourself slowly through the dark so it should be in the game, of course you can not just put your hand on the monitor and feel the rocks :) but something could be done to represent this.

13 minutes ago, vancopower said:

What can I say, you sir have a nerves of steel I can only admire. :)  Although this gives me an Idea but this topic was moved already from the wish list I think I should create a new one.

I believe that there should be a feel mechanic introduced so people can navigate in the dark, In real life you can do that and guide yourself slowly through the dark so it should be in the game, of course you can not just put your hand on the monitor and feel the rocks :) but something could be done to represent this.

perhaps a ghostly, faint outline should appear whenever you walk into something, coupled with "ouch" or "well, that's a wall"

Just spawned in TM, in the mountaineers hut  I found a saw, matches, 2 granola bars and a how to cook book, plus cedar wood and a vest so my question is:

If interloper is supposed to have minimum loot then why the mountaineers hut is fuller than any other time I played in stalker LVL. Not that I am complaining but I believe this is a serious issue why are the maps not balanced ?  if nothing more can be done to balance this then my suggestion is remove DP as a spawning point for interloper. I hope that Devs see this, as for now I'm going back to stalker LVLs for me interloper is broken.

47 minutes ago, vancopower said:

Just spawned in TM, in the mountaineers hut  I found a saw, matches, 2 granola bars and a how to cook book, plus cedar wood and a vest

You must have missed the sewing kit.

47 minutes ago, vancopower said:

If interloper is supposed to have minimum loot then why the mountaineers hut is fuller than any other time I played in stalker LVL.

Stalker has those cargo crates crammed full of goodies. You should go out in interloper and hacksaw a few of them open and see what you get.

51 minutes ago, vancopower said:

why are the maps not balanced

If you cannot find even the matches, how do you know the maps are not balanced. There must be a whole lot of other stuff you don't know about - for example, the cache under the boats on the wall that you need to climb up inside the pipe to or what about the place where it seems you are guaranteed to find either a firestriker or a hacksaw.

Anyway that's all irrelevant. All that matters in the beginning is matches, water and food. You don't need to worry about maps being balanced because you have to start moving through all of them at the speed of light. If you don't do this, it doesn't matter where you start. You'll just keep on fading into that long dark.

On 9/25/2016 at 6:55 AM, mystifeid said:

Anyway, I'm carrying 38 matches and a magnifying glass and have another 60 matches stashed in the mountaineers hut. So the matches are out there - but you need to travel fast right from the start and investigate as many containers, corpses and buildings as possible in record time.

I'm on day 70 or so.  I started in TWM, too.  Wen to PV-CH-DP-CH-ML.  I'd like to check out the dam and the winding river back to PV, because I haven't been in either of those yet.  But, in my game, I only ever found 4 boxes of matches.  I'm down to about 20 now - but do have a 62% striker and a magnifying  glass, so not too worried.  Do you remember how many boxes you found in total?

4 hours ago, mystifeid said:

There must be a whole lot of other stuff you don't know about - for example, the cache under the boats on the wall that you need to climb up inside the pipe to or what about the place where it seems you are guaranteed to find either a firestriker or a hacksaw.

Dammit I don't know about all those things.

6 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

I'm on day 70 or so.

Well done. Did you make the wolf skin coat yet?

Also, just to warn you, before going up to the summit I dropped most of my gear on the floor of the cave from Secluded Shelf (as you do) and used 'Drop All' to drop 9 arrows. When I returned I only got one back. This was nearly a third of my arrowheads and more than half of my crow feathers. It was a huge blow. Then when I got back to the mountaineers hut I used 'Drop All' to drop 8 flare shells on the floor of the hut and again only was able to pick one up. These are the only two times this has happened but it was enough.

3 hours ago, mystifeid said:

Can't remember, but it must have been at least 12 or 13. But the firestriker I found was very low quality and didn't last long.

I can confirm that from my own Interloper experiences. If you search all maps very thoroughly you're usually able to find enough matches / firestrikers to light about 150-250 fires alltogether.

Plus one or two magnifying lenses of course. 

But most players seem to drastically underestimate those numbers for some reason. Maybe they're not using light to search houses (and thus overlook half of the potential items) or they're not searching every nook and cranny of the maps but only the main locations, I don't know. 

10 hours ago, mystifeid said:

Well done. Did you make the wolf skin coat yet?

I did.  Not sure I like it though.  It's heavy, as you know, and now I need wolves to repair it - and the last 2 I killed ran off into the ML trees and I never found them.  I need to go back to CH where animals have the decency to die on the ice.  

Was the summit worth the trip?

25 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

It's heavy, as you know, and now I need wolves to repair it

When you attain level 5 cooking skill, wolves become just another food source with a hide as a by-product.

28 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

Was the summit worth the trip?

Of course not. But I had ridiculously good weather for three days so it was ok. On the second day I went from the Deer Clearing cave to the summit and back down to the cave from Secluded Shelf and was feeling really lucky right up to the point where I couldn't find all my arrows.

37 minutes ago, mystifeid said:

Apart from the odd excursion into PV  I've stayed at TWM for over 50 days now. For some reason I prefer it.

It's a good spot.  You have to gather a bit more wood than at other places, but it's laying everywhere.  Short walk to hunt, trap and fish.  I've just got so many resources built up at CH, I have to go back - traps, cloth, wood, liters of water and fuel, hopefully my pile of skins and guts is still there.  I just don't want to leave ML until I eat all this food - I have about 20 kg of venison, another 20 of rabbit, and an entire bear laying around.

23 hours ago, mystifeid said:

You must have missed the sewing kit.

Stalker has those cargo crates crammed full of goodies. You should go out in interloper and hacksaw a few of them open and see what you get.

If you cannot find even the matches, how do you know the maps are not balanced. There must be a whole lot of other stuff you don't know about - for example, the cache under the boats on the wall that you need to climb up inside the pipe to or what about the place where it seems you are guaranteed to find either a firestriker or a hacksaw.

Anyway that's all irrelevant. All that matters in the beginning is matches, water and food. You don't need to worry about maps being balanced because you have to start moving through all of them at the speed of light. If you don't do this, it doesn't matter where you start. You'll just keep on fading into that long dark.

I have mentioned this 1.000 times I am not a newbie in TLD I have been with the game from the start and Yes I know all the maps and what they spawn and where. However in interloper there is almost no more "secure" spawns. Sometimes they happen but not so often.

This is ok, for most of the maps and yes it is challenging and fun however in DP there are not many places which you can loot the map is small, and yes sometimes you get lucky and find everything you need.

However there are times like it happened to me in the first 5-6 games all I got from the whole DP: The lighthouse the Docks, the mines the church and so on is: 2 granola bars, 1 raw fish, 1 beef jerky, 1 tomato soup, some books, cloth, wood , painkillers, and a bandage. That was it.  The second game was maybe better but similar, I rested then I checked the whole map again nothing no light source.   After 10 or more games I finally spawned in TM I went to mountaineer hut and guess what TON of supplies. Now if you all think that this is ok then fine, but for me DP interloper is broken. 

Archived