No matches no way to leave DP. Not good

KD7BCH

No matches no way to leave DP. Not good. Should always start with one pack of matches or matches that spawn in one of the first 5 search locations. I spend 3 days searching DP but without any matches there is no way to leave the area. No way to get through the tunnel. I hate to be the fat kid complaining about how he can't find his EASTER BASKET but if you can't find matches within 3 days on a small map, hmmmm that should be a check box check for the system to ensure that they do spawn somewhere. 

• 1 month later...

I would agree. Only once have I spawned in DP on Interloper and been able to find matches and I am VERY thorough when checking for loot. And also, most of the time I get killed by a wolf before I have any hope of finding matches.

Imho DP is the easiest map to start Interloper.

Very thorough. Hmmm.

Spoiler

The matches seem to be guaranteed to spawn in one of three locations in Hibernia. If you have found them once, the other two locations are very close by. Let me know if you want to see screenshots. I have tested this by spawning more than thirty times in DP. The matches were always there. You may sometimes be fortunate enough to find matches in other places as well and if you find a hacksaw downstairs there is a good chance there will be a firestriker in a crate in the middle of No.5 mine. Also, every time I have continued on  from DP, after moving to Crumbling Highway, I have found matches in the cave under the Arch (not the cave near the basement).

Since you are having trouble with this, I would suggest selecting the Options from the Main Menu and checking your Brightness setting. The developers have included instructions so that you will see no more and no less than was intended.

1 hour ago, nicko said:

I read in another post you pretty much have to run to another map when you spawn as there are no items on the spawn map for interloper. I could be totally wrong as I have not tried it myself.

That's nonsense. The only particularly relevant item that doesn't spawn on your starting map on Interloper is the hammer. Matches, clothes and food items are usually all present.

DP and PV are thus both totally viable starting maps and definitely don't have to be left immediately. TWM, however, is a more challenging place to stay and I personally wouldn't advice anyone to stay there for more than one or two days after the start unless you somehow find some matches and a bedroll on day one. 

7 hours ago, federico said:

I started a game from pleasant valley and found 10 matches in the farm, moved to coastal highway, searched everywhere and did not find a single match.

This is impossible I think. You didn't search everywhere.

On 10/23/2016 at 9:07 PM, togg said:

This is impossible I think. You didn't search everywhere.

All the fishing huts, island houses, trailer, small town, cars.  Many houses were burned down so no lot there.

Only place i didn't search was left side of the map I believe.

there are a LOT of places to search in Hibernia. I won't give them away...but some require "work" to get to them, some require creative travel if that makes sense.... took me a LONG time to figure out how well hidden some stuff is. I went back to playing other levels and now it is like a kid in a candy store finding things in spots I had always ignored!

Folks this was a post from the original version of Interloper release before any of the hotfixes. Since then there is at least a flare or matches in DP so no issue now. However when posted and for the day or two after there were several starts where there was simply no way to escape through the mines because there was no way to see in them without a light or fire or flare, and there were no matches or flares to get a fire going to light the way, no lanterns either. Anyway this isn't an issue anymore.

cheers,

KD

Archived