100% Locations Discovered

SirWinter

I'm in v.349.

Is 100% exploration possible? Has anyone else visited every location they can, but are sitting at about 96%? I've checked fan-made maps and made sure I've visited every known location, and I've even gone back in my journal and checked on any I wasn't sure about, interior and exterior.

I still could just be missing some locations, although I find it hard to believe I'm missing enough to only be at 96%. At most I may have forgotten to go inside a couple of the indistinguishable interior locations. Otherwise, I assume that  some locations just aren't counting to my total, which I know has happened in previous versions.

I have 157 locations discovered. Does anybody happen to know the maximum/minimum number of locations possible in a playthrough?

I'm pretty sure the current exploration system is bugged somehow.

After I had visited every place I could think of exactly once (during my world looting trip in May), I was stuck at 153/161 locations (~96% according to the journal). But when I revisited Mystery lake a few weeks later once more, the game gave me further location discoveries for various places I'm 100% certain I already had received an exploration point before. So I'm now at 99% discovered just because I visited some places in ML twice and the game double-counted them for some reason. :crosseye:

screen_43bca00b-9525-498e-9586-eee9664899d2.jpg

No, I got the double discoveries on Mystery lake itself (eastern & western access) as well as in all the various lake cabins. It's 100% impossible I haven't been there before as I wrote down each and every new discovery in a list during my world looting trip and said list mentions the lake cabins and ML accesses.

To circle back to this topic with some additional information: The total number of locations in each Sandbox game will be affected by the number of burnt houses in Coastal Highway. So this number can actually change from game to game. 

This isn't a perfect explanation to some of the questions posed here, but I hope it adds some new information (this fact was unknown to me). :)

On 17.8.2016 at 8:33 PM, Patrick Carlson said:

To circle back to this topic with some additional information: The total number of locations in each Sandbox game will be affected by the number of burnt houses in Coastal Highway. So this number can actually change from game to game. 

This isn't a perfect explanation to some of the questions posed here, but I hope it adds some new information (this fact was unknown to me). :)

Thank you for the information!

I tried it again, this time in Pilgrim and wrote down every Location I found and if it was counted and how many % my game was going forward.

I stuck again at 96% with 157 Locations - I walked through again with the known maps and added the new Locations I Know.

I was surprised that Preppers Cache also count to the game processing.

But the real information are in my log, feel free and let me know if someone have other locations - thanks!

TLD_Location_LOG_XB1.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

I've actually experienced the same issue with not receiving 100% exploration.  I have 2 save files, one at 94% (154) and a more recent attempt at 96% (157) with all locations visited marked in a txt file.  There were points in time where I would visit 3-4 places consecutively and would not receive a percentage increase in my journal.  I can, and am willing, to provide my save files for review.

I am eager to test retracing my steps to see if previously visited locations will be counted on the second attempt.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived