Gondola lift and chair lift ski (poll) ?????

alone sniper

Gondola lift and chair lift ski   

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like the idea, but I don't know if it fits the world or not.

This region isn't a tourist attraction. I don't know if there would be an actual reason to have any. Also machines don't work anymore because of the geomagnetic disaster. Sore a simple engine COULD be fixed, but I'm not sure if that would be enough to get it working again just by that.

An abandoned ski resort might be interesting, the game does have some tourist type things, like campgrounds and cabins already. But I don't think the gondola should function, except maybe during the aurora, which we know will activate some electrical devices, like lights, and such.

3 hours ago, Gaboris said:

I like the idea, but I don't know if it fits the world or not.

This region isn't a tourist attraction. I don't know if there would be an actual reason to have any. Also machines don't work anymore because of the geomagnetic disaster. Sore a simple engine COULD be fixed, but I'm not sure if that would be enough to get it working again just by that.

how about a region beside the Timberwolf mountain?

3 hours ago, miah999 said:

An abandoned ski resort might be interesting, the game does have some tourist type things, like campgrounds and cabins already. But I don't think the gondola should function, except maybe during the aurora, which we know will activate some electrical devices, like lights, and such.

Have to agree with Miah999, Like the idea of a abandoned ski resort with gondola.

Will electric devices work during aurora?  If that is true, let the gondola work during this time would be fun!

Well, just like @miah999 said, if this would be introduced in the game, it would be more of another place to look for resources rather than actually using the gondola for something.

However, I'm also puzzled by the idea of having a "tourist attraction". We don't know if the world of TLD is a tourist attraction. If it was, then it would be interesting to add tourist-related places.

Also, the region seems like a nice place to visit, as seen from the art of some of the official posters, which showed a little bit of how some regions looked like before the apocalypse.

Just my own thoughts but I don't think the game really needs it. From what we've seen so far the location the game is set is an industrial fishery in decline, year round logging with some summer parks and tourism. Nothing to indicate a vibrant winter tourism trade except for the ice fishing huts and those may have been placed by locals. Now, if that changes and more things to indicate a thriving year round eco-tourism industry are added than an abandoned gondola smashed against the hill side of a resort would be really cool to find :)

If it is put in the game than the only thing you should find is fuel. The gondola itself is just a way to get up hills. Aside from the engine that powers it what more would it need?

Generators in the game have long been a contentious topic. Personally, I'm of the mind that as long as the aurora is still around having an effect then generators should not work/be repairable. For more long winded discussions on electricity in the game see below ^_^

Archived