Animals need sleep and shelter too!!!

Docterrok

Im not saying that i disagree with idea, i merely state that they dont stay in one place. I just dont know what areas in the game could qualify as their shelters. Area must be restricted, relatively small, dry and with good ventilation. In game caves are big, with stone floors that will suck out heat from body in a jiff.

11 minutes ago, Dirmagnos said:

Im not saying that i disagree with idea, i merely state that they dont stay in one place. I just dont know what areas in the game could qualify as their shelters. Area must be restricted, relatively small, dry and with good ventilation. In game caves are big, with stone floors that will suck out heat from body in a jiff.

well, shoot. ^_^

2 hours ago, Docterrok said:

i'm just sick and tired of the random teleporting animals, anyone have a better idea?

How often does this happen to you? 

I've never seen an animal teleport, in over 100 hours on XBONE.

Is this more common on Stalker vs. Pilgrim?  

Is it a PC bug? 

Anyone have any idea?

4 minutes ago, miah999 said:

How often does this happen to you? 

I've never seen an animal teleport, in over 100 hours on XBONE.

Is this more common on Stalker vs. Pilgrim?  

Is it a PC bug? 

Anyone have any idea?

this once, it shouldnt've happened at all.

On 16.7.2016 at 7:35 PM, Docterrok said:

Okay, before I begin, let me tell you a story.

i was in mystery lake, picking cat tails, and a wolf magically spawned right in front of me and mauled me.... I then died...

but I have a solution!

Make a den or a hole in the snow that wolves immerge out of at certain times, then you know when you see a pack come out of a lair, you stay away from that area. Here's how I think it should go.

• Rabbits have rabbit holes 
  • bears sleep in caves, so if your quiet, you can sneak past them
  • wolves have lairs that they emerge from.

i understand this would require more animation and work, but it so unimmersive when a wolf teleports near me and mauls me. This also makes exploration more exciting because you have to watch out for sleeping animals inside dens! What do you think?

Great Idea, I hope that they will implement it soon. Also the wolf should recover it's strength if  it eats and then sleeps it off.

I have also had a wolf simply appear next to me... not a fan. Love the idea of having a den area they spawn at, even if there is no animation of them crawling out it would still be nice for their spawn to be limited to a certain location. 

True. Remember though that the wolves don't always just appear. Animals can traverse slopes in the game that the player can't so they can sometimes run at you and appear "magically" by going through terrain that is impassible to the player. I had this happen to me when playing on the weekend but I knew to expect it since I saw the wolf disappear up a super steep slope first as I was walking along a river.

OK, so, here is a situation where the player must create their own immersion. Rabbit holes would be nigh on impossible to actually spot in the wintertime, or any other time for that matter. Same goes for Bear Dens, and Wolves Dens. The only way you would normally notice them, is if you happened to be unlucky enough to see them coming and going from it.  Wolves only use dens for having pups, and if you were stupid enough to bother one (the den) when its in use, you'd probably never do it again. Bears only use dens for hibernating. And, guys and gals, do you REALLY want true wolf behavior? take a look that pic. Do you REALLY wanna encounter THAT MANY wolves? Game ending to say the least. 

Just use your imagination. You KNOW the dens and holes are there, but you also SHOULD know that seeking them out is not in the best interests of seeing another sunrise. Even Rabbits, if you disturb or molest their warrens, will move on, and you lose a valuable resource. Deer don't actually have "homes" so to speak, although they do tend to stick to certain areas,( they usually live their entire lives in a 2 to 3 square km area)  they will bed down as a herd, in sheltered places. In the winter, large groups will often come together and stick pretty close to a smallish area. Its called "yarding" or "yarding up".  Generally someplace thats easier for them to navigate and manuever than predators, and someplace with feed, like cedar bark. 

Ive noticed that in the game, the animals tend to vanish during really bad weather, and they are much rarer at night. Its not impossible to see one at night, but I think its usually a case of the game spawning them, because you are there, and then they dont go away.  Ive gone out in the middle of the night before, after spending several days inside, and there were none, and also, traveling to a new region in the dead of night, it seems like there are very few, if any. So, they DO sleep, and seek shelter. The game just doesnt show us where, which is fine. I dont feel like we need EVERYTHING accounted for in such a manner. If we do, then a toothbrush and some butt tissue would be higher on my list of priorities than a wolf den. ;)   As for them "teleporting"... well, you just need to pay more attention when you're picking cattails, and not get snuck up on so easy. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'd very much like if the animals had needs like the player, and needed to actively hunt for food, and head for shelter during a blizzard, or at night. This way you could find a rabbit burrow or a wolfs lair, and plan traps accordingly. You'd also be able to set up traps near food sources or watering holes. It's just kinda dumb that the wolves and deer walk around in the middle of a frozen lake, and don't notice a predator walking towards them until it's close. 

On 7/17/2016 at 1:43 PM, Rifleman said:

image.thumb.png.4f77aee6432f2388d96e7394Wolfs should be in a pack that is always on the move so you only get attacked by spawned wolfs

also there can be a couple of lone wolfs

Yes, yes, yes! I want it badly... Intelligent wolves. My dream.

Archived