Eating-Skill

SzalonyNiemiec

Hey @SzalonyNiemiec! (I'm not sure how to pronounce that but . . .)

Are you talking about health? Because the things you are describing, increased resistance to infection, is due to a stronger immune system. And speaking as a medical professional, that is not a skill, but rather a result of choices made combined with environmental factors. 

in other words, drinking rose hip tea (though in game, it's reishi mushroom tea) should boost one's immune system (rose hips are high in vitamin C). 

Is that what you are thinking? Just trying to understand where you are coming from . . . 

@hauteecolerider I mean that when you're used to drinking dirty water you won't get sick of as much as when you drink dirty water for the first time. like for example indian people are accustomed to the different germs in the ganges river, and can therefore bathe in it relatively safely, but when a european would enter that river, he'd most likely die a painful infection related death. so what I mean in-game is that you build up resistance to spoiled food and dirty water, by eaten/drinking it.

Okay, I see where you are coming from.

It's not actually related to eating/drinking, but rather to your own immune system. In that case, I would not call this a skill or anything, but I agree, it would be nice to see our characters build up a greater resistance to infections such as food poisoning or parasitism the longer we play the game (or rather, the more old moldy food/dirty water/raw meat) we eat in a particular map . . .

Then again, this might be beyond the purpose of the game/capability of the Unity engine. So while I don't expect to see this make it into the game due to technical issues, I have to admit that I quite like the idea. Something to role-play! :orange_soda:

2 hours ago, SzalonyNiemiec said:

A skill, that makes you more resistant to: spoiled food, dirty water and raw meat.

Well nice idea but I don't think that it should be called eating skill. For me Eating skill means how much a person can eat, for example hot dog eating contest that sort of thing.

Also no matter how strong your immune system is food poisoning is not just bacteria. When something spoils the chemical composition becomes bad too. That why it is called food poisoning not food sickness. On the other hand if you open up the genius book of world records you can see that there is a man who can eat glass so I guess some people have stronger digestive system than others, but is it trainable? I don't know...

Gourmet skill. 8)

Ability to appreciate what you drink or eat.

It is not trainable but it is achievable thru specific diet. Like gaining notable skill exp every time you get food/water consumption related condition(since we dont have positive ones, so right now its only negative ones). Specific skill with condition that certain amount of time must pass between those events, otherwise it will have opposite effect, weakening person(eg skill will decrease if player will get food poisoning every other day). Maybe minuscule amount of exp gain every time player eats/drinks something ,depending on amount consumed.

What you're asking for is basically already integrated in the cooking skill progression. :winky:

Once you've reached Level 5, you've become immune to  food poisoning and parasites.

It's not really a progressing system atm of course, but I for one find it quite sufficient.

To make it feel more progressive, some more stages of resistance might be added, of course. Cooking 3 could e.g. decrease your risk of parasites and poisoning a little bit already, Level 4 would further decrease the risk and Level 5 would make you (almost) resistant to food poisoning and parasites. 

That being said I'm rather opposed to the current complete resistance, though. I would find it more fun if a tiny risk of food poisoning and parasites (e.g. max 1% per day or consumed spoiled food) would remain forever no matter your skill level.

10 hours ago, Scyzara said:

What you're asking for is basically already integrated in the cooking skill progression. :winky:

lvl5 seems to be way 2 far away and be way 2 op. Considering how many meals(or tea/kofee cups, btw, wtf pouring a teaspoon of coffee in a cup and then water, counts as cooking) i have make to get there, it kinda becomes pointless.

Each point of cooking skill should just decrease chance by 15%, so that player would feel some minuscule difference fairly soon and progressively, not becoming totally immune 25 years later with no apparent reason.

Archived