more variety and random spawning please :)

Crimson Foxx

Not sure if others have noticed by particularly in Coastal Highway a few of the cabins look identical inside, even to the point they have the same items rezzed in the same places. There seems to be a regular rezz of a signal flare under the sofa and a rolled newspaper in the shelving next to it, then in the kitchen always a tin of peaches on the table etc. I understand the spawning can replicate a bit but i am hoping maybe more variations of items will be created for the game. More varieties of tinned foods. Maybe tinned corn or tinned corned beef. Tinned green beans or tinned custard. Maybe more bottled drinks like soda or juices. More dried fruit in small boxes or variations of cereal boxes, packets of candy or nuts, all these things with new labels and styles but always in the same art / painting style approach.

It would also be really cool if there was personal stuff in the cabins that might relate to that previous family's history. Diaries or written letters, loose photographs and notes byt the adults and youths of those families. These could be simply messages or stories about those people, their names and lifestyles captured in their belongings for us to find out. This brings some personality to each location we loot. 

I think i just hope maybe that each time i enter a cabin or trailer or even vehicle there is something unique or special to that home or vehicles lost owner. Maybe on corpses a wallet or purse or diary. These people who lay dead in the frozen wilderness also tried to survive like me. I just would love to get a glimpse of what there lives was like and what they went through. I still feel sad when i come across a victim and wonder what they went through in those last moments.

Now this would all be a lot of hard hard work and i totally adore the feel of the game in its amazing painting style look and the feel of how it plays. Raph is trully a gift to gaming and immersion. I just hunger for new things to find, huge variety and unsuspected random spawning. i want to never see the same corpse or item in the game in the same place twice. hehe.. and i know i am asking for the impossible. But..its my wishlist. :)

10 hours ago, Crimson Foxx said:

It would also be really cool if there was personal stuff in the cabins that might relate to that previous family's history. Diaries or written letters, loose photographs and notes byt the adults and youths of those families. These could be simply messages or stories about those people, their names and lifestyles captured in their belongings for us to find out. This brings some personality to each location we loot. 

yes!
that's great. i like diary and collectibles so much !
+1

Thanks!. some letters and diaries etc could be story driven or can help the player, maybe really roughly hand drawn maps of hidden loots or pepper caches or rare items or simply maps of last know deer herds or a lost family friends last know where-abouts which could lead to either a corpse to discover or even if they ever do decide to have NPC's a person alive to rescue.

but some could just be for enjoyment of reading to give the game some immersion and personal touch with no real gain or benefit to the players stats other than something new to find and read. a kind of history of the victims of the apocalypse and what their lives was like before and during that life changing and ending ordeal.

I guess finding the maps or hints as to prepper caches would add some narration as to why they were there. for example in a cabin finding a note or map relating to a prepper cache would then enable or unhide that cache for you to find in the actual map. at the moment I find myself going around the known locations looking for which cache is enabled on this map playthrough. Would be great to only have them enabled after finding the note or maybe finding the key to the cache. 

Would be great to have some random events also, to make it feel like some one was only just there, maybe a note dated only a few days ago. or fresh tracks to follow that lead to a ravine or dead body. 

Maybe even some natural events that block off a path with a fallen tree making you have to find another way around for a few days or snow drifts that enable you to reach a previously unreachable ledge/cave

don't feel bad, nicko, youre not alone! :P i've still not even seen the inside of said caches, i dont want to use a walkthrough for anything in this game. i do know one possible spawn location, simply because its a big empty area with a specific name. i just know that a cache spawns there. but i've still never found it there -.-

anyway, +1 to the idea of making areas more vivid and unique! im sure hinterland is already working on this and will most likely implement it in the released version! im sure it wont always be repetitive as it is :)

@nicko Caches do exist in Pilgrim mode! In fact, Pilgrim is where I found all two of my non-standard caches (the one at the foot of the ascent to TWM doesn't count) in over 200+ hours of play. 

Those caches are randomly generated, and pretty difficult to find. I only found them by going up high and enduring numerous sprains. :antiseptic:

And I've only ever found one cache. However, I haven't tried using a map to find them either since I don't want to spoil the surprise ^_^

On topic, I've actually requested something similar in the past @Crimson Foxx (Welcome to the forums by the way!). Anything that adds more depth and narrative to the game is good in my books.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived