Quotes youd like to see in-game

MarrowStone

Out of curiosity, what are some quotes youd personally like to see in loading screens or starting a new game?

Im not suggesting they need new quotes im just curious as to what you would implement.

Mine would be this, except it's probably too long to read.

Damages? I wonder. I wonder if anyone of us has any idea what those damages really are. Maybe one of them is finding out what we're really like when we're normal; the kind of people we are just underneath the skin. I mean all of us: a bunch of naked wild animals, who put such a price on staying alive that they'd claw their neighbors to death just for the privilege. We were spared a bomb tonight, but I wonder if we weren't destroyed even without it.

-The Twilight Zone, the Shelter

"We can't be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don't have something better." — C.JoyBell C.

It's really relevant, and fit well in this game! Since some time hunting or exploring is too scary, one tends to remain locked in that tiny office cabin, or in Mystery Lake... Exploring is a part of whats make this game great!

"To cherish what remains of the Earth and to foster its renewal is our only legitimate hope of survival"— Wendell Berry.

Because it's just perfect for this post apocalyptic 

"Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death."

• Anaïs Nin, D. H. Lawrence: An Unprofessional Study (1932).

"God created men. Colonel Colt made them equal."

• Old frontier saying

"There are, of course, several things in Ontario that are more dangerous than wolves. For instance, the step-ladder."

• J.W. Curran, The Canadian Wildlife Almanac (1981).

Maybe something for the story mode:

"Every individual matters. Every individual has a role to play. Every individual makes a difference."
Jane Goodall

I also like these ones:

"Nature is not a place to visit. It is home."
Gary Snyder

"If you don't hunt it down and kill it, it will hunt you down and kill you."
Flannery O'Conner

"Necessity is the mother of invention."
Unknown

"Its Dat Boi"

- Anonymous Meme Master

I'm kidding of course, one I'd actually like to see is... 

“He had no conscious knowledge of death, but like every animal of the Wild, he possessed the instinct of death. To him it stood as the greatest of hurts. It was the very essence of the unknown; it was the sum of the terrors of the unknown, the one culminating and unthinkable catastrophe that could happen to him, about which he knew nothing and about which he feared everything.” 
― Jack London, White Fang

absolute favorite book by the way.

On 6/18/2016 at 5:35 AM, Wastelander said:

"Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death."

• Anaïs Nin, D. H. Lawrence: An Unprofessional Study (1932).

"God created men. Colonel Colt made them equal."

• Old frontier saying

"There are, of course, several things in Ontario that are more dangerous than wolves. For instance, the step-ladder."

• J.W. Curran, The Canadian Wildlife Almanac (1981).

That quote about about the colt made me grow a beard instantly, that is so manly, there is testosterone oozing out of my computer now, thanks for that!

"Misfortunes never come singly."

• English proverb

"It's too cold outside for angels to fly."

• Ed Sheeran, the A-Team song

"No passion so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning such as fear."

• Edmund Burke in his wonderful work A Philosophical Inquiry into the Origin of our Ideas of the Sublime and Beautiful (1756)

"I tell ya a guy gets too lonely an' he gets sick."

• John Steinbeck Of mice and men (1937)

"Frei geht das Unglück durch die ganze Erde" / "Misery travels freely throughout the world"

• Friedrich Schiller, Wallenheims Tod

"There are people in the world so hungry that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread."

• Mahatma Ghandi, The Spirituality of Bread

"I am death, not taxes. I turn up only once."

• Terry Prattchet, Feet of Clay (1996)

" A point of great importance would be first to know: what is the capacity of the earth? And what charge does it contain if electrified? Though we have no positive evidence of a charged body existing in space without other oppositely electrified bodies being near, there is a fair probability that the earth is such a body, for by whatever process it was separated from other bodies — and this is the accepted view of its origin — it must have retained a charge, as occurs in all processes of mechanical separation. "

• Nikola Tesla, Experiments with Alternating Currents of Very High Frequency and Their Application to Methods of Artificial Illumination (1891)

Oh, and here comes TLD: The quote:

"We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works."

• Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt (2002)

Archived