drop the bag on the floor and pockets

Dahoset

i realize that we always carry our big mountain bag ^^ 

can we drop it on the floor when we re at home or even to run away a bear ha ha 

and have usefull pocket ,  we can have few thing like matches, kniffe, bandages even a little bottle of water etc  ( maybe 1.5 kg of stuff )

in game we can have two "container" : 1 for the bag and 1 for the clothes therfore we can choose what we have in pockets 

excuse my english :) i hope you ll enjoy this idea

have fun and sunny days ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

ok now with the snow shelter i think it can be very useful to let our bag  for exploration 

currently i let a lot of stuff i just keep matches 1tinder a bandage ( the one with linchen)  and a knif  so i can explore a "big" area  without be tired  

and can we have quiver ? so i can bring my bow and more than 1 arrow :) 

On 6/24/2016 at 7:12 AM, Dahoset said:

ok now with the snow shelter i think it can be very useful to let our bag  for exploration 

currently i let a lot of stuff i just keep matches 1tinder a bandage ( the one with linchen)  and a knif  so i can explore a "big" area  without be tired  

and can we have quiver ? so i can bring my bow and more than 1 arrow :) 

THIS 

• 3 weeks later...

This is something I have been giving some thought to and planned on suggesting. Special thanks to @MarrowStone for linking me to this thread. 

OP has nailed it with this, but I would take it one step further. Also give us the first aid kit as a 3rd container, capable of holding 1 to 1.5 kg. Most first aid kits made for outdoor activities have belt loops on them, and dont need to be in a pocket or pack. Here is how I think it should work: The backpack, clothing pockets, and first aid kit should be 3 separate containers that the player can access via inventory, choosing which items go where. Obviously, a first aid kit cant contain anything larger than a bottle of antiseptic, and only 1 of those. additional bottles need to go elsewhere. (I would also suggest that the bottle of antiseptic currently in game be replaced by antibiotic ointment. It makes more sense, and in this century, is much more likely to be what you would actually find) Clothing pockets would have a maximum of 2  kg, with nothing larger than a hunting knife ( which should honestly be considered to be carried on the belt, with a first aid kit. ( it would also be nice if a belt carried canteen was added to the game) or a .5 l bottle of water. The pockets would contain items like rifle ammo, matches, energy bars, granola bars, tinder, etc. So basically, no single item larger than ,5 kg in pockets.  The backpack can carry anything else.  Add a hotkey (not sure how to work this for xbox players, as I dont own one) to drop the backpack just like dropping a decoy and poof, there it is on the ground. Now, once its on the ground, its a container, accessed just like any other container, OR picked back up, just like the bedroll. add the pick up option to the screen that opens when you access it, or make a choice dialogue box pop up when you click on the pack whether you want to open it or pick it up.  ***EDIT***  An additional point to consider about this is WHERE and WHY the player drops his/her pack.  If you drop your pack outdoors to run from a wolf or bear,  or leave it unattended where a wolf or bear may come upon it, and it contains food items, especially raw or cooked meat or fish, you should expect it and its contents to take a good deal of damage. If you leave it in a snowshelter built in an area frequented by wolves or bears, you should expect the shelter to also be considerably damaged. This is realistic, and gives the devs an additional area to add difficulty and challenge to the game, forcing the player to be smart and to consider the consequences of his choices. 

Please allow me to take this a step further: Obviously, adding this feature to the game requires adding some artwork for backpacks. Please consider adding different packs to the game. Make bigger and better backpacks something that we can find and craft.  The character should start the game with just an average daypack, similar to what we already find laying in snowbanks and beside corpses, with a maximum weight of 15 kg. For added difficulty on Stalker, even start us without one completely.  The next step up would be an ascent pack, or weekend pack, capable of carrying 25-30 kg. I'd also like to see a craftable pack added to the game, made from animal skins, and or cloth and sticks that would carry up to 20 or 25 kg. Finally, the top tier of Mountain Bags and Expedition Packs, capable of loads up to 30-40 kg.  I am not a fan of the current system allowing a character to pick up as much stuff as they want, no matter the weight. WHERE are they putting it all?  These weights should be not be fixed maximums however. A person CAN overstuff a backpack getting say, an extra 5 kg beyond suggested carry capacity into it, but at the risk of damaging it, AND the certainty that it will wear out much quicker. And don't forget that each pack needs to have its own intrinsic weight which adds to the players total encumbrance. A daypack weighs around 1 kg, an ascent pack about 2, and an expedition pack, between 3 and 4. 

This is a great idea! So well said!

4 minutes ago, TROY said:

This is something I have been giving some thought to and planned on suggesting. Special thanks to @MarrowStone for linking me to this thread. 

OP has nailed it with this, but I would take it one step further. Also give us the first aid kit as a 3rd container, capable of holding 1 to 1.5 kg. Most first aid kits made for outdoor activities have belt loops on them, and dont need to be in a pocket or pack. Here is how I think it should work: The backpack, clothing pockets, and first aid kit should be 3 separate containers that the player can access via inventory, choosing which items go where. Obviously, a first aid kit cant contain anything larger than a bottle of antiseptic, and only 1 of those. additional bottles need to go elsewhere. (I would also suggest that the bottle of antiseptic currently in game be replaced by antibiotic ointment. It makes more sense, and in this century, is much more likely to be what you would actually find) Clothing pockets would have a maximum of 2  kg, with nothing larger than a hunting knife ( which should honestly be considered to be carried on the belt, with a first aid kit. ( it would also be nice if a belt carried canteen was added to the game) or a .5 l bottle of water. The pockets would contain items like rifle ammo, matches, energy bars, granola bars, tinder, etc. So basically, no single item larger than ,5 kg in pockets.  The backpack can carry anything else.  Add a hotkey (not sure how to work this for xbox players, as I dont own one) to drop the backpack just like dropping a decoy and poof, there it is on the ground. Now, once its on the ground, its a container, accessed just like any other container, OR picked back up, just like the bedroll. add the pick up option to the screen that opens when you access it, or make a choice dialogue box pop up when you click on the pack whether you want to open it or pick it up.  

Please allow me to take this a step further: Obviously, adding this feature to the game requires adding some artwork for backpacks. Please consider adding different packs to the game. Make bigger and better backpacks something that we can find and craft.  The character should start the game with just an average daypack, similar to what we already find laying in snowbanks and beside corpses, with a maximum weight of 15 kg. For added difficulty on Stalker, even start us without one completely.  The next step up would be an ascent pack, or weekend pack, capable of carrying 25-30 kg. I'd also like to see a craftable pack added to the game, made from animal skins, and or cloth and sticks that would carry up to 20 or 25 kg. Finally, the top tier of Mountain Bags and Expedition Packs, capable of loads up to 30-40 kg.  I am not a fan of the current system allowing a character to pick up as much stuff as they want, no matter the weight. WHERE are they putting it all?  These weights should be not be fixed maximums however. A person CAN overstuff a backpack getting say, an extra 5 kg beyond suggested carry capacity into it, but at the risk of damaging it, AND the certainty that it will wear out much quicker. And don't forget that each pack needs to have its own intrinsic weight which adds to the players total encumbrance. A daypack weighs around 1 kg, an ascent pack about 2, and an expedition pack, between 3 and 4. 

Archived